Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quests You Wish Were in Skyrim

I haven’t completed all the quests in Skyrim, but I’m pretty sure I’ve done like 90% of them (though I haven’t played Dawnguard yet).

I love open world games, but they tend to leave a lot of loose ends. Here are some quest lines which I wish were in Skyrim:

• “The Reach will be ours again!” Of all the quests in the entire game, the Forsworn Conspiracy was the one that came the closest to impacting me on emotional level. I really, really wanted to give the Reach back to the Forsworn. I was super excited to start a revolution, and really let down when I realized the Forsworn I’d helped out could only walk around saying “The Reach will be ours again” indefinitely (really annoying how all the other Forsworn stay hostile too).
  • Fix Windhelm. After the Civil War quest line is completed, there should be a way to start gathering resources and making repairs to this run-down city. If you side with the Imperials, there should also be a way to start fixing the economic and racial disparities in the city.
  • Fix Winterhold. Same basic issue. I’m the Dragonborn. Why can’t I do something about the wreck this town became after half of it fell into the sea or whatever? I really like the College, but Winterhold itself is so useless.
  • “Riften is my great beast to slay.” Mjoll says something like this. I like the Thieves Guild, but Mjoll is one of the more developed characters in the game, and there’s no way to resolve her storyline with wanting to bring order to Riften. It’d be cool if you could choose to side with her and clean up Riften.
  • Not a “quest” per se, but I wish Skyrim let you donate as much money to homeless people as you wanted, and that if you donated a lot, they would get better clothes, a place to live, etc. I wish you could patron all the orphans too. I can save the world from Alduin, but I can’t save it from poverty? What gives? I have way more gold than I need.

What quests would you add to Skyrim if you could?

I always wanted a quest to be able to destroy the thieves guild, similarly to how you can destroy the dark brotherhood instead of join them.  As I have some characters where I stick hard to their morals and they would not join those groups but seek to destroy them. There is even some evidence that this mission was supposed to exist in that you can find a letter in the general shop in Riften that suggests he (The shop owner, I forget his name, something with a P) and the other shop owners (the same ones you shake down if you join the guild) are considering banding together and standing up to the guild.  I wish finding that letter started a quest line where you helped them and freed Riften from control of the Thieves Guild.  Perhaps it could tie in with Mjoll as well as you suggest.  I also like your idea about a quest line to help the Forsworn, it would be cool to be able to bring that situation to more complete conclusion, one way or another. 

Edited by Joant73