Register Now
killamch89

Most Unique Game Played for the PS2

The original Ratchet & Clank game was the most unique game I had played for the PS2. The dynamics between using Ratchet and Clank inter-changeably for puzzles and in combat as well as how they interacted with each other along with the in-game events and gaming world really provided a unique experience. What is the most unique game you played on the PS2 and why?

For me it had to be Final Fantasy X. It was my first turn based game. Lots of strategy involved and great story. I was greatly surprised by that game. Other ones are Fatal Frame because you have to capture pictures of ghosts in a haunted house. The Suffering was cool. It was a unique horror game in a prison. Destroy All Humans, because instead of killing aliens, you are the aliens killing humans!!! So glad they remastered it for the ps4. Just came out. Indigo Prophecy and Obscure were unique horror games. For me, by far was FFX. I know it was popular and has been around for ages. That was my first game in that play style so it was way different from any other game I have ever played. Persona 5 compares, but only thing I don't like about it is you have to tally around in shops and crap before you get to the fighting. 

Most of you have probably never heard of this one let alone played it but the most unique game on PS2 that I played by a LONG way was Prisoner of War:

5177B879KKL.jpg

You play as an American piolet during World War 2 who is shot down and captured by the Germans.  While a prisoner a friend is murdered by a General and you discover a plan that could swing the course of the war in the Nazi's favor.  So It's up to you to plan your escape, foil the enemy’s plans and take revenge.

What makes this game unique is that unlike other WW2 games and movies around at the time (and they were bloody EVERYWHERE) which were all "Michael Bay-ed" to fuck, this features no combat at all!  It's a pure stealth game where you'll be sneaking, donning disguises, hiring other prisoners to distract the guards and trading contraband cigarettes and alcohol for tools and equipment.

Another very interesting aspect is that although the story itself is fictional, there are tons of elements that are historically true and accurate.  This includes the locations of Stalag Luft and Colditz, the "Great Escape" plan, the Germans’ development of Rocket Weapons and even a glider in Colditz.

I doubt it would ever happen but I’d love to see a remake of this with improved presentation, stealth mechanics and enemy AI.

My daughter liked to play a Spongebob game that she would rent often from the video store. I thought it was pretty unique in how it was supposed to be played as well as it being fun like the cartoon that we watched all the time. The graphics were a little funky at time and it wasn't as smooth as watching a cartoon so I suppose it could have had some improvements in that area.

I couldn't get into it. I liked the idea but when most of the challenge comes from fighting the controls, which seemed to do what I wanted only about half the time, I found it more frustrating than fun.

I had the same issue with Surgeon Simulator. It's great when you're just mucking about and laughing at it. But when you decide you actually want to do it properly and make progress it suddenly stops being fun.

On 7/12/2021 at 11:14 AM, Empire said:

I couldn't get into it. I liked the idea but when most of the challenge comes from fighting the controls, which seemed to do what I wanted only about half the time, I found it more frustrating than fun.

I had the same issue with Surgeon Simulator. It's great when you're just mucking about and laughing at it. But when you decide you actually want to do it properly and make progress it suddenly stops being fun.

So, it generally sucks for you no matter which way you try to get ahead of it. It sure would be very frustrating from the way I'm seeing it. 

On 9/4/2020 at 3:54 AM, Crazycrab said:

Most of you have probably never heard of this one let alone played it but the most unique game on PS2 that I played by a LONG way was Prisoner of War:

5177B879KKL.jpg

You play as an American piolet during World War 2 who is shot down and captured by the Germans.  While a prisoner a friend is murdered by a General and you discover a plan that could swing the course of the war in the Nazi's favor.  So It's up to you to plan your escape, foil the enemy’s plans and take revenge.

What makes this game unique is that unlike other WW2 games and movies around at the time (and they were bloody EVERYWHERE) which were all "Michael Bay-ed" to fuck, this features no combat at all!  It's a pure stealth game where you'll be sneaking, donning disguises, hiring other prisoners to distract the guards and trading contraband cigarettes and alcohol for tools and equipment.

Another very interesting aspect is that although the story itself is fictional, there are tons of elements that are historically true and accurate.  This includes the locations of Stalag Luft and Colditz, the "Great Escape" plan, the Germans’ development of Rocket Weapons and even a glider in Colditz.

I doubt it would ever happen but I’d love to see a remake of this with improved presentation, stealth mechanics and enemy AI.

Prisoner of War was a really underrated title - Might be more underrated than Primal. Although it was a stealth-focused game, I think it had an awesome stealth system.

On 9/4/2020 at 10:04 AM, AndreiMirfi said:

Grand Turismo 4... totally!

I've been playing this so much with my brother and friends. We would've have some sort of tournaments with candy, money prizes.

.... good old times 🙂

Seriously, Grand Turismo 4 is a racing 🏎 🏁 game that I'm sure anyone who's addicted to racing games would ever forget so easily. 

On 7/30/2021 at 11:09 AM, Heatman said:

Seriously, Grand Turismo 4 is a racing 🏎 🏁 game that I'm sure anyone who's addicted to racing games would ever forget so easily. 

I just discovered after a year that I typed "Grand" instead of "Gran".

Sigh...

On 7/30/2021 at 1:09 PM, Heatman said:

That's a very valid point - as a matter of fact, I used to play it all the time when I used to be obsessed with Gran Turismo games.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's a very valid point - as a matter of fact, I used to play it all the time when I used to be obsessed with Gran Turismo games.

Seriously, I find it very difficult to drop video games that I have dotted on. It feels like something bad has happened to me.