Register Now
killamch89

Fasting

Long story short, about seven years ago while recovering from a near-death experience, I did a 7 day water-only fast. It was the first time I had done anything like this and my body was telling I need to. So I tried it and to my surprise after the 7 days, I was full of energy and to say my recovery sped up is an understatement. From that point on, I always fast on Sundays to re-invigorate my body. Now, before any tries this, please be warned that it is not for everyone so be careful and make sure to do your research before you try it. Also, don't try to go as extreme as I did, start off small with like 12 hours and gradually work your way up to a day. So have you ever tried fasting and if you did, what is the longest you have ever fasted?

I have never fasted and never plan on doing so. I love my food to much to do such as thing even if studies have shown it is good for your health. Generally speaking, I feel awful if I don't eat three meals a day and I tend to get irritable quickly.

9 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I have never fasted and never plan on doing so. I love my food to much to do such as thing even if studies have shown it is good for your health. Generally speaking, I feel awful if I don't eat three meals a day and I tend to get irritable quickly.

Fair enough - It isn't for everyone.

9 hours ago, Jayson said:

I don't like fasting.  However, a good workout/water burns out a lot of impurities that make us feel miserable.

You should try taking a powerful detoxifier like turpentine to help to get rid of the impurities as well as drink a LOT of water as this will flush out the toxins faster.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, mont86 said:

I've never tried that before.. a24 hours maybe.. Now never more then 8 hours..

It is a test of willpower and at times you will get hungry but afterward, you will feel like an energizer bunny but as I said, it is not for everyone.

I do fast as often as I can, some days I just wait till about 12 in the afternoon before I eat and in other days I just give myself a 3 days fast only taking fruits and water all through for the next three days.

On 6/25/2022 at 2:54 AM, Clasher said:

I do fast as often as I can, some days I just wait till about 12 in the afternoon before I eat and in other days I just give myself a 3 days fast only taking fruits and water all through for the next three days.

So your practice both intermittent fasting and extended fasting?