Register Now
killamch89

Fasting

Yeah, I used to eat a lot in the past, so now I want to gain more control over my appetite that why I engage in fasting both for extended periods and during the early hours of the day only taking fruits and water in some days.

6 hours ago, Clasher said:

Yeah, I used to eat a lot in the past, so now I want to gain more control over my appetite that why I engage in fasting both for extended periods and during the early hours of the day only taking fruits and water in some days.

How I wish I can fast, I would have cherished it. I see fasting as a bondage, starving myself for nothing when I can still get closer to my grand creator through prayers. 

1 hour ago, Justin11 said:

How I wish I can fast, I would have cherished it. I see fasting as a bondage, starving myself for nothing when I can still get closer to my grand creator through prayers. 

It's not that it hard, just have no money!

What about your blood glucose? You really ingested nothing other than water for 40 days? I get shaky after just 24 hours of no food. I didn't even think 40 days was possible without at least some negative side-effects on your body in the long term (past the end of the 40 day water diet).

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Some fast isn't about getting close to any deity or creator , sometimes it's about helping my own body to release some toxins and stay healthy by disciplining myself to just eating fruits or drinking water  for a day or for the first 6 hours of the day. 

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

Some fast isn't about getting close to any deity or creator , sometimes it's about helping my own body to release some toxins and stay healthy by disciplining myself to just eating fruits or drinking water  for a day or for the first 6 hours of the day. 

Okay, I got your point. It is by no means a way of pleasing the deity or who you serve. You do it just to keep your body in good shape, and burning down some calories. If so, then I coincidentally go through fasting. Because, I take some time off from eating especially when I'm on a football practice, but doesn't exceed four hours. 

45 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Okay, I got your point. It is by no means a way of pleasing the deity or who you serve. You do it just to keep your body in good shape, and burning down some calories. If so, then I coincidentally go through fasting. Because, I take some time off from eating especially when I'm on a football practice, but doesn't exceed four hours. 

When I want to a go on a spiritual journey maybe through fasting I usually do it for extended periods of time but most of the time I just fast because it's healthy to do so once in a while.

2 hours ago, Clasher said:

When I want to a go on a spiritual journey maybe through fasting I usually do it for extended periods of time but most of the time I just fast because it's healthy to do so once in a while.

Their is no problem, provided you fi d it healthy, I'll encourage you to continue. As for me, I don't find it all that healthy, it occurs coincidentally to me not deliberately.