Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Arcade Game growing up

When I used to go to the arcade as a child with my friends, I used to love playing Sega Rally Championship against my friends. The arcade machine itself had a steering wheel and the gas and brake pedals as well as the clutch. Of course, there was a gear stick as well - I loved driving the car manually as I had a lot more control over the car. What was your favorite arcade game growing up and why?

4 hours ago, Alyxx said:

DIdn't really grow up with arcade games to be honest. But I do remember playing a fair bit of DDR when it was popular.

Playing Arcade games against your friends as a kid was an activity you would look forward to because you had bragging rights until the next week.

16 hours ago, Jayson said:

Was only a child - and one living out in the country, in the 80s - so didn't do arcade game.  However,  though, I do remember this arcade-like war game I really enjoyed in the 90s.  Forgot the title and system it was for.

Thank you for your input Jay and don't worry, we won't try to hypnotize you to make you remember lol.

What arcade-like games did people  (on here) enjoy on consoles while growing up?

On 12/29/2018 at 11:51 AM, Alyxx said:

DIdn't really grow up with arcade games to be honest. But I do remember playing a fair bit of DDR when it was popular.

It's highly unlikely that anyone did - as they'd have to be in their 50s.   Well, maybe not.  There are probably, even today, some arcade games in malls etc.

4 hours ago, Jayson said:

What arcade-like games did people  (on here) enjoy on consoles while growing up?

It's highly unlikely that anyone did - as they'd have to be in their 50s.   Well, maybe not.  There are probably, even today, some arcade games in malls etc.

Yes, there are still arcades in malls and you do have adults who go to them. I only carried my nephew there last year for his birthday but I guess I have outgrown arcade gaming although I'd like to try the ones in Japan...