Register Now
StaceyPowers

PC vs. Console Gaming

When I was younger, I didn't understand why anyone would ever buy a console. Our home PC worked great for gaming and did everything else. I felt like it saved money and physical space.

Then I got older, computers changed, games evolved, etc. 

Now I have a laptop which is cheap, but doesn't even have a real video card. I play games on a PS3, and I realize it has some benefits. I like being able to play using my TV screen, I prefer the controller (it's more ergonomic), and it gives my computer a break, probably extending its lifespan.

I'm guessing by the nature of this forum that most of you are console gamers, but overall, are you happier that way? Or do some of you still prefer PC?

When you've got a sweet flat-screen TV there's nothing better than playing some PS4 or Xbox on a Friday night. I do some PC gaming too, but I probably shouldn't have spent the $900 on my computer. It's a lot more expensive going the PC route when you start adding peripherals and updating hardware.

Edited by 9Online

I always have preferred PC gaming and I never owned a Playstation or Xbox. The main reason for that is the games which I like are available only for PC and I can do much more things on it rather than just gaming.

22 hours ago, Keranov said:

I always have preferred PC gaming and I never owned a Playstation or Xbox. The main reason for that is the games which I like are available only for PC and I can do much more things on it rather than just gaming.

Yeah, one huge reason I play on PC sometimes is because some of the games just aren't available on PS4 or Xbox 1. I also dislike playing Minecraft on a console.

I've only used the PC, well at least in the past 20 years, for poker machine and chess games.  Anyway, I used to love PC games - as before the internet (when I was in elementary, middle, high school) that's all PCs were good for, lol. 

OK, my favorite old PC game was this one by Apple.  It was a World War II bombing one (Pacific Theater).

Edited by Jayson

I grew up in the 80's when 14k of space stood as tall as a man. At that time only governmental facilities had computers. So I grew up on consoles, and still prefer that way today. I grew up on Nintendo, and it's still my preferred company. I have nothing against Sega or PlayStation, they're great too. I'm not going to get into Xbox, I hate it. But after Win95 came out, computers started getting cheaper. I learned how to build them during the Win98 era. So I was able to play games like Diablo, AoE, MDK, and other early birdies. Nowadays, I have no real interest in PC gaming. Most of what I've seen is online gaming, the rest is stuff I'm just not into. I'm not going to completely rule PC gaming out forever, but as it sits right now, I'm sticking with consoles for the foreseeable future.

4 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Nowadays it's gonna be EGS vs Steam vs Console gaming, amirite boiz?

Nope. It is quickly becoming Epic vs Everyone because even console gamers are annoyed with their crap - Could they fix their buggy store and UI first?