Register Now
9Online

Which COD is the best and why?

Here are my 3 favorites

• #1 Call of Duty World at War - I loved the gameplay in this one. I must have done the campaign several times and this was my favorite COD for playing zombies.
  • #2 Call of Duty Black Ops - I was addicted to the very first Black Ops when it came out. this was my prime time in gaming.
  • #3 Call of Duty Modern Warfare II - Who didn't love MW2? This at where quickscoping was born! I loved multiplayer on this game the most until everyone started hacking.

Which COD is your favorite and why? 

At the moment I would say Infinite Warfare is my favourite. With Advanced Warfare coming a close second and Ghosts on third.

I've been playing Black Ops 3 for the most part though due to those other games lacking much of a player base on PC.

6 hours ago, Alyxx said:

At the moment I would say Infinite Warfare is my favourite. With Advanced Warfare coming a close second and Ghosts on third.

I've been playing Black Ops 3 for the most part though due to those other games lacking much of a player base on PC.

Oh, so you play COD only on PC? Do you play on console, too? Infinite Warfare is awesome. 

The only one I've played is Black Ops 1 so I'll put my vote on that. When I played it, I was impressed at how it seamlessly switched from one mechanic to another. I thought it worked really with the 'thrill of war' theme, because you were always on your toes, trying something new. Afaik, this was the only game in the series that did that.

Most of you are so undone. It's very simple as to why CoD 4 was the best of the best. It had dedicated servers that allowed a community and players to use skill rather than stupid camping tactics available to others. It allowed PB and admin to kick/ban hackers and it allowed for multiple servers ranging from your classic TDM (which is all anyone plays these days) to HC SND (you know the one game mode only pros play).

For that reason along with its entire simplicity and new-age game style CoD 4 is and always will be the best.

List of CoD Games:

•  CoD 4: MW
  • CoD: MW 2
  • CoD: BO 2
  • CoD: MW 3
  • CoD: BO
  • CoD: BO 3
  • CoD:AW
  • CoD:1
  • CoD:2
  • CoD: 3
  • CoD: WaW
  • CoD:Ghosts - This was such a let down, my favourite artist singing the theme song, my GT in the title. Yet the worst CoD of all time. So crap, I think i played less than 40 hours. Compare that to the over 1400 hours of CoD 4 and 1000 hours of MW 3 (Where I sat at 89th in the world for HCTDM before life)

Good question! I think Infinity Ward's COD 4: MW was the game-changer with its brand new shiny engine. However, my heart truly belongs to Treyarch's early efforts like COD 5: World At War and COD: Black Ops, mainly for introducing zombies and super fun party modes like 'One In The Chamber' and 'Gun Game.'

Really difficult to decide.  Other than the server and lag issues, the very first Black Ops is the best, why? Zombies was my favourite part as it  feels rewarding to play. Each time you kill a zombie, you get some points which you can use to open a chest which will give you a random weapon and every level kept getting harder. I loved the concept, weapons and interesting maps. Reflecting on this post, this was my main time in gaming and brings me back for a walk along memory lane.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Black Ops 1 was really good. But the most fun I actually had was with Black Ops 3 because of the multiplayer. Honestly, I had so much fun on that game with my friends and it helped that I was pretty good as well. Black Ops 1 had a great story mode and I can still remember some of the missions. Unfortunately, with Black Ops 3, I can't even remember if I finished the story mode, that's how memorable it was 😂