Register Now
9Online

Do you use a monitor or TV for PC games?

When you're playing games on your computer, are you set up to use a monitor or a TV? 

I have a gaming chair that I built and I have a 42" HDTV attached to it for my optimal experience. I have a separate computer with a regular monitor for all my other computer activities, though. 

I always have used a monitor to play PC games on. I don't think that playing Counter Strike: Global Offensive on a TV would be comfortable for me. I also don't have a need for a second monitor because all what I do is just gaming.

A monitor as televisions’ are often terrible for playing videos games, this is a variety of reasons, including;

1. TVs’ often apply a lot of processing to the output image, leading to delay in outputting the frame to the screen itself.

2. TV’s often have poor pixel response time, leading to motion “smearing” all over the screen.

4 hours ago, realgamez said:

A monitor as televisions’ are often terrible for playing videos games, this is a variety of reasons, including;

1. TVs’ often apply a lot of processing to the output image, leading to delay in outputting the frame to the screen itself.

2. TV’s often have poor pixel response time, leading to motion “smearing” all over the screen.

I agree with what you wrote here. TVs have bad response time, lower refresh rate and a lot of input lag. For a gamer like me who plays mainly Counter Strike: Global Offensive and other shooting games using a TV would be a very bad experience.

Never have tried a monitor (for a console) and I also hardly ever play PC games - even more so than console ones.  Anyway, I see no problem with a TV - except they are a bit more bulky.  But then again, the newer TVs are thinner and if the TV is big - well, I guess the exercise is good!

A single monitor setup, I use my Laptop Screen. Gaming  monitors and built in screens have a faster response time and are generally cheaper to purchase than a TV Screen. You'll recieve less lag and a smoother, faster and sharp-edged gaming experience. Either can be used for gaming, that's just my opinion!

Edited by XXInfectedXx

I don't play PC games all that often with me being more of a console gamer, however, when I do play PC games I always use my monitor and I have never had any reason to want to switch from a monitor to a TV screen. Many people I know use dual monitors and as much as that looks cool, I feel myself I am so much more used to just one monitor that dual monitors would confuse me.