Register Now
9Online

Speakers or Headphones for gaming?

Whether you're playing on console or PC, you've always got audio going. Do you use a headphone with a mic when you play or do you stick with good old speakers? 

For the longest, I just stuck with my soundbar. But then, I got headphones and that's what made my multiplayer experience so much better! 

Edited by 9Online

I have been using headphones for years. I have used speakers before but they can't match with a headset! The audio is so much better which is very important for the games I play, mainly Counter Strike: Global Offensive. And the microphone is a good plus too.

22 hours ago, Keranov said:

I have been using headphones for years. I have used speakers before but they can't match with a headset! The audio is so much better which is very important for the games I play, mainly Counter Strike: Global Offensive. And the microphone is a good plus too.

Absolutely! Good headphones help you pick up on enemy movements and advancement. My first good pair was a Triton and I remember the thrill of using them on COD.

I prefer headphones over speakers. You can just hear so much more detail with headphones. With speakers you would have to turn the volume up really high to hear the same detail, but then may you disturb other people in your house or even neighbours. I do tend to use speakers when I am expecting interruptions from others, since its annoying putting the headphones on and off to talk to people.

Well, I think it depends on the type of headphones and speakers you are talking about. Assuming you are talking about the professional gaming speakers and headphones, I would go for the latter anytime. Gaming headphones are far much better because they give you the privacy you deserve and you can also play without disrupting others. The performance is also excellent compared to the best gaming speakers. However, the real hassle is buying the best gaming headphones; there are a lot of factors you need to consider. 

I usually prefer headphones tbh. Can more accurately hear where other players/adversaries are on the map. I've got a pair of Sony Gold 7.1 Wireless Headphones and they do the job nicely. But, yeah, I've also got a decent soundbar, too.

Headphones all the way, why? My parents bought me a pair of noise cancelation headphones for my 18th and they are great. It cancels out all background noise and sound around you, this allows me to accurately hear where other enemy players are located on the map. By using headphones, your not creating a disturbance by allowing excessive sound out your PC which could upset, friends, family or neighbours.