Register Now
9Online

What was your first Nintendo device?

My brother had an original "brick" Game Boy that we kinda shared. Or rather, he didn't play it much and I just kinda was able to play it whenever I wanted to. Best game was Tetris, definitely.

Then, for my 7th birthday, my grandparents bought me my very own Game Boy Pocket with Super Mario Land 2 and The Empire Strikes Back. That thing was great. Smaller, fewer batteries, and the LCD screen had better contrast. And Mario Land 2 was an incredible game, still one of my favorites.

I didn't get my first home console until early 1999. My dad really liked watching us play NFL Blitz in the arcade, so he got us an N64 with Blitz, Yoshi's Story, and Star Wars: Rogue Squadron initially. One game each for my brother, my sister, and myself. We were ALL OVER the N64, we absolutely loved it. In less than 3 years we probably ended up with 35 games 😄

It was the original Nintendo, though, I have no memory of it!  In fact, I have more memory of the Atari I had (Note: This was back in the 1980s when I was a kid.).  Anyhow, I do remember the first time I played Nintendo, though (at my cousin's home).  It was the coolest thing ever - because it was so much more advanced than Atari.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:40 AM, Demon_skeith said:

The first one my family got was the NES, the first one I got as a gift was the N64 and the first one I bought myself was the Wii U. A good line of Nintendo consoles.

It sounds like you're a Nintendo fan like myself. 

My parents bought the regular NES for the whole family.  The Super NES, my brothers and I bought ourselves by pulling all our money together in order to buy it.  Every console from N64 on has been a console that my hubby has bought for me as a gift for Christmas or my birthday.

15 hours ago, JennyorAlice said:

It sounds like you're a Nintendo fan like myself. 

My parents bought the regular NES for the whole family.  The Super NES, my brothers and I bought ourselves by pulling all our money together in order to buy it.  Every console from N64 on has been a console that my hubby has bought for me as a gift for Christmas or my birthday.

They may not have much power behind them, but they still make video games. Unlike Sony or MS that mainly focus on shooters and online crap.

My very first Nintendo was the Super Nintendo. I remember me and my brothers getting that console when we were younger for Christmas and Super Mario World was one of the first games we got. I remember having the gameboy but I can't remember if I got that before or after the Super Nintendo. Gameboy was awesome though and I always remember that console I played a whole lot of Kirby! They really do need to make Kirby again!