Register Now
kaisago lorance

Cannot get game to download/install on Xbox One

Hi,

I've basically been trying to get Destiny downloaded and installed on a second Xbox One other than my main console and for some reason it just outright refuses to download at all. It was a digital copy "The legendary edition" when Taken King came out and all the DLC appears to install but the base game will just flicker between downloading and stopped quickly maybe 10 times then just stop completely. I don't think it's anything to do with the console because every other game installs and plays completely fine it's just Destiny. The error code was 0x80070570 and I contacted Microsoft about getting it to work and they basically fobbed me off and told me to contact Bungie instead. I've tried power cycling, clearing cache, resetting the whole console and removing and reinstalling my profile and nothing has helped. I can still play it on the original console that had it installed but i'm afraid if I ever delete that game to make space it'll be lost too! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please help. 

I did not find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:- 
https://www.bungie.net/ar/Forums/Post/225964021?sort=0&page=0

Thanks!

Have you tried coldbooting/hard resetting your xbox? Hold down the power button on your xbox until it powers off than turn it on agian and when you see the green Xbox One splash screen it'll have cleared your system's cached memory and it should fix the issue for you.  Doing this fixes 90% of xbox issues in my experience.

Here is my advice and questions. I found this article if it's any good to you

• Do you have enough storage on your platform?
  • Have you tried re-booting/resetting your Xbox and/or WiFI? 

Try the following:

1. Hold the power button for five seconds to power down your console.
  2. Unplug from your power supply,  everything including your TV
  3. Turn power back on in 5-10 mins time.
  4. Attempt to re-install games
  5. Contact Microsoft!

Try re-installing if no joy, good luck!

Edited by XXInfectedXx

I don't think this is issue of the storage space or the rebooting the device. I think this is more of an issue of corrupted download link. Often such links creates the issue when you try to download. You may have to check router settings and reboot the router and see also by asking them if they have alternative download links. That may solve the issue.