Register Now
Robbie626

Best Gaming PC?

Hi guys,

I am currently interested in PC gaming and wondering what kind of PC laptop I should invest into gaming. I am looking at about $1000 since I won a scholarship. However, I would like to be able to do school work and working on my website as well. 🙂

Well, Firstly you say you after an gaming PC, So an desktop or laptop?  

What kind of games that you are into and what other things then just gaming. I would by the major things and then over time upgrade with updated specs. I pick an motherboard that will support future CPUs. And no matter what Have Intel 😛 Yet again ryzen has became the top of all tops this year

1,000 dollars is a good budget to have in mind, I've been doing some research and I've gathered some parts just over your budget. You can purchase the parts from Amazon directly and here is the link if your interested.  Here are the specifications  I've added to your shopping cart for you. It's 93$ over the budget you have mentioned. Have you already purchased a PC, does it suit your needs and is it fit for purpose?

1. Intel Core i5-8400 Desktop Processor 6 Cores up to 4.0 GHz LGA 1151 300 Series 65W$239.991
  2. Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 240 Liquid CPU Cooler 240mm Radiator, 2 x MasterFan Air Balance 120 Fans, Dual-Chamber Pump 
  3. EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black Edition, 8GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC
  4. Patriot Memory Signature Line DDR4 8GB (2 x 4GB) 2400MHz UDIMM Dual Kit Module with Heatshield 
  5. ADATA SU800 512GB 3D-NAND 2.5 Inch SATA III High Speed Read & Write up to 560MB/s & 520MB/s Solid State Drive 
  6. HITACHI, Hitachi Ultrastar A7K3000 HUA723020ALA640 2 TB Internal Hard Drive 
  7. Corsair CX Series 550 Watt 80 Plus Bronze Certified Modular Power Supply 
  8. GIGABYTE H310M A (LGA1151/ Intel/ H310/ Micro ATX/ DDR4/ HDMI 1.4/ M.2/ Motherboard)

9. Rosewill ATX Case, Mid Tower Case with Blue LED Fan/Gaming Case for PC with Side Window Panel & 3 Fans Pre-Installed, Computer Case 2 x USB3.0 Port 
Edited by xXInfectedXx

@xXInfectedXx I think that the poster was looking for a laptop instead of a desktop PC. Also, I would not recommend the list you created. Having this cooler with a locked CPU is somewhat wasted money. And the PSU - the green CX series (non M) are bad quality. You can also use PCPartPicker to find parts from multiple retailers at different prices.

Edited by Keranov

If you want out of the box devices then Alienware laptops can be a good start. Xiaomi's shark series phones are also good. So they can be a good gaming devices this year. Then again I always prefer to go with the gaming custom builds. 

I think some of the time custom built options are good and some of the time you have to go for the laptops which are tested with the configuration in the pre built and customized one. That's what I have noticed. 

I have yet to see the cyberpower PCs in terms of the performance so can't really much talk about those type of the PCs. I'd say if someone on youtube has posted positive review about them in such context they can be good to check out. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have yet to see the cyberpower PCs in terms of the performance so can't really much talk about those type of the PCs. I'd say if someone on youtube has posted positive review about them in such context they can be good to check out. 

Pre-builts will never compare to custom builts. Especially because some of those builds aren't going to be optimized for a specific purpose. Usually it's always better to go and make a custom build.

But yes, I agree with you on the laptops part. Always go for brans like Alienware with Laptops

On 6/4/2019 at 4:07 AM, UleTheVee said:

Pre-builts will never compare to custom builts. Especially because some of those builds aren't going to be optimized for a specific purpose. Usually it's always better to go and make a custom build.

But yes, I agree with you on the laptops part. Always go for brans like Alienware with Laptops

MSI, Acer, and Asus all have quality gaming laptop offerings as well and Alienware laptops tend to be on the hefty side which is an annoyance if you carry your laptop everywhere.