Register Now

Faith is everything to me, and there is a difference between Faith and Blind Faith.
Faith is believing with evidence that you can observe (things like miracles of Science confirmed by one's holy book and mainstream Science, logic and being able to see points for the greater good.)

I have that. And Islam is that for me.

Allah (swt) revealed to us the Qur'an, and we have the Scientific miracles of the Qur'an, revealed 1400 years before mainstream Science confirmed them. For instance, the entire field of Embryology.

So I have faith, and that's a brief synopsis of what it is to me. But it's not blind faith, before anyone tried to ride that wagon as the debate surely ensues.

I was born into a Catholic family then later raised in a Christian household. Faith was a big thing in our house. I personally was never a big believer in the higher power. I think what many call faith is just Hope. Wishful thinking. 

I was born into a Christian family but around when I turned 16 I started losing faith because I didn't see the point of it so up until I was like... I think 21, I considered myself an atheist.

I think it was around 2009-2010 or so when I started changing my perspective on the world. Suddenly I looked out at the world and felt this strong feeling that there was something out there, that it was simply impossible that we were put here by chance and that everything made too much sense to be random.

I guess you could say I'm a bit creationist Christian in that sense, I definitely believe in intelligent design.

So for me the faith has definitely come from myself and how I view the world though it's strictly my own personal view. How others choose to see it is their business.

I was raised in a traditional Anglican family. However, my mother never really forced religion onto me because she was not really into it because of how flawed Christianity and other religions are. My mother is like me in that she believes in a divine being but doesn't believe in religion and I came to the same conclusion growing up.

Jesus once said that blessed are those who believe even if they had not seen. This is probably the best line that we can have re faith. Faith in God whom we have not seen and yet loving him with all our being. Why? Because God is all good, all loving and for these alone, our existence becomes meaningful. 

Edited by acevgr001