Register Now
DC

Buying Video Games

Before I got into downloading digital, IT always has been hard disc copy's. Mainly since I had rubbish internet. But as time goes on I moved over to steam more and tend to buy steam games. Also steam keys on third websites that are cheaper and once you got the game you download it right onto your system.

On PC, I prefer Humble Bundle for getting games. It's not only because of the charity character of HB but its delivery time and prices are the best out there for me. On the Switch, I've been experimenting with 3rd party account selling for games and it works like a glove. I'll be using it again too to buy Splatoon 2 😄

PC purchases are exclusively digital. I buy from Steam, Humble Bundle and Green Man Gaming. 

Other consoles it depends what is cheapest or most convenient. Physical I'll usually buy from EB Games or JB HiFi. I've imported before but local prices are better now so I don't have to. If I would prefer to have the game digital then I'll usually bite the bullet and pay the extra $10ish for it (paying extra to not have a physical thing, ridiculous). 

I always have purchased my video games from Steam. I think that it's the best place to do it. But I think that I will try Humble Bundle in the near future too. Also, sites like Kinguin are good to save some money.

I buy mine from less glamorous places like Wal-Mart, Target, and especially Game Stop.  Also, most of the time I buy used - and those would be the ones from Game Stop.  Anyway. I'd like to get into online buying, but I just don't game that much.

PSN, eShop and Steam Sales are always handy for picking up some bargains. CDKeys is pretty good for some cheap DLC packs/PSN Vouchers. Also sometimes check HotUKDeals if I'm interested in picking up a new AAA game at launch to find a good deal.