Register Now
Rey

Simpson’s

I grew up on the Simpsons and I still watch it every now and then. I just feel like it is suffering from the same symptoms as Family Guy and South Park - a lack of original content and it is totally understandable when a show has been around that long given that they will have explored most topics at least once.

The Simpsons used to be my favourite TV Show, but it's not anymore. This isn't to say I watch every now and then however with no new fresh episodes being released and just repeats being launched, it becomes very repetitive and boring. There is no sense of excitement if you already know what's going to happen in the plot. 

10 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

The Simpsons used to be my favourite TV Show, but it's not anymore. This isn't to say I watch every now and then however with no new fresh episodes being released and just repeats being launched, it becomes very repetitive and boring. There is no sense of excitement if you already know what's going to happen in the plot. 

I totally agree with your comment.

4 hours ago, Lee said:

Yes, I guess so. Maybe the producers should of called it a day years ago whilst it was still hilarious! 

It's the same thing with South Park and Family Guy - they were funny in the first few seasons but they started to resort to complete idiocy to keep their franchises going.

It's funny - but they take cheap shots at Christians and/or small town USA people.  OK, I'd say this show - despite probably being enjoyed by the targets, contributed to the Trump backlash we see now - as well as the backlashes since the H.W. Bush era.

Anyway, though, taking cheap shots is all what edgy comedy is about - but in the PC climate, small town USA people seem to be the only ones.