Register Now
Rey

Marijuana

26 minutes ago, Samuelkanu said:

Marijuana is highly destructive more than alcohol. I know this because I relate with some people who abuse these two substances. It's effect has not really been fully understood. It has to be totally banned in my opinion because the harm surpasses the benefits.

Name some health factors from Marijuana. Alcohol causes liver disease, heart disease and high blood pressure, stroke, osteoporosis, cancer, kidney disease, digestive problems and stomach ulcers, disease of the pancreas, diabetes, poor immune system, destroys brain cells, destroys night vision, and I'm not even going to get into mental problems. So as far as destructive, alcohol is worse. And if marijuana's effect has not really been understood, then alcohol tops it because it is understood. And there is massive deaths alcohol related. Ask anyone in the medical profession. 

If alcohol and tobacco are legal - why not?

Recreational marijuana use is much safer and less damaging than alcohol or smoking cigarettes. It won't lead to excess violence, won't be destroying your lungs as regular tobacco smoking will and it surely is not as addicting.

9 hours ago, Empire said:

Recreational marijuana use is much safer and less damaging than alcohol or smoking cigarettes. It won't lead to excess violence, won't be destroying your lungs as regular tobacco smoking will and it surely is not as addicting.

I know that it's legal in the UK for medical use. GP's can prescribe marijuana for certain conditions that can be treated with this remedy. Do you think it will ever be legal in England for recreational use?

On 2/18/2021 at 5:29 PM, Alexander. said:

I know that it's legal in the UK for medical use. GP's can prescribe marijuana for certain conditions that can be treated with this remedy. Do you think it will ever be legal in England for recreational use?

Here in jamaica, it's also legal for medicinal use and also if the police find you with less than 3 lbs of weed, you're free to do anything with it. 

On 2/18/2021 at 7:42 AM, Empire said:

So true. Those two have far worse effects on the body and yet they are legal substances when in fact they've caused a lot of accidents and illnesses.

Prolonged alcohol use will destroy your liver. It's called cirrhosis. Marijuana doesn't have any long lasting effects to that scale. Also, marijuana is not a narcotic drug. People are able to pick it up, and drop it any time. It's not like alcohol, blow, angel dust, or crank. Also it has medicinal benefits that the others do not possess. True, doctors have said for many years that a glass of red wine a day is good for your heart. Now they're saying one alcoholic drink (whatever the beverage) a day is good for your heart. But alcohol doesn't help with pain. It doesn't help people on chemo eat after the treatments make them sick and lose their appetite. It doesn't help insomniacs sleep. I know from experience 2 out of those 3. In the past I had insomnia so bad I would go for up to two weeks only getting the occasional microsleep. 10-20 minutes here and there, until my body finally gave out, and I would sleep for 30+ hours straight, not waking up once. It cost me several jobs. I still have insomnia, but not to that severity. The pain from the MD and migraines is another one I know all too well. I have some extremely powerful prescriptions to manage it, but they don't get it all. I got a daith piercing and it helped with the migraines. It didn't lessen the severity, but it put a bullet in the frequency. So I consider that a win. The piercing won't work for everyone. For some it ends up just being a hole in your ear. For others it's a godsend.

For those who don't know, this is a daith piercing.

new-daith-jewelry-1000x700.jpg

On 3/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, The Blackangel said:

Prolonged alcohol use will destroy your liver. It's called cirrhosis. Marijuana doesn't have any long lasting effects to that scale. Also, marijuana is not a narcotic drug. People are able to pick it up, and drop it any time. It's not like alcohol, blow, angel dust, or crank. Also it has medicinal benefits that the others do not possess. True, doctors have said for many years that a glass of red wine a day is good for your heart. Now they're saying one alcoholic drink (whatever the beverage) a day is good for your heart. But alcohol doesn't help with pain. It doesn't help people on chemo eat after the treatments make them sick and lose their appetite. It doesn't help insomniacs sleep. I know from experience 2 out of those 3. In the past I had insomnia so bad I would go for up to two weeks only getting the occasional microsleep. 10-20 minutes here and there, until my body finally gave out, and I would sleep for 30+ hours straight, not waking up once. It cost me several jobs. I still have insomnia, but not to that severity. The pain from the MD and migraines is another one I know all too well. I have some extremely powerful prescriptions to manage it, but they don't get it all. I got a daith piercing and it helped with the migraines. It didn't lessen the severity, but it put a bullet in the frequency. So I consider that a win. The piercing won't work for everyone. For some it ends up just being a hole in your ear. For others it's a godsend.

Well said - my father almost wrecked our lives thanks to Alcohol and that's why I never took to the habit in the first place. I had a bit of marijuana in high school but I stopped as soon as I got to the 11th grade. First hand, I've seen marijuana save countless lives and stopped people from carrying out otherwise very heinous acts so it can't be all that bad. Just like everything else though, you should overdo it.