Register Now
DC

Most unethical thing you did in a video game

There’s this MMO I used to play with my brother, he would hang out in popular spots, find people who seem like friends, and then create a character with a similar name to someone to try to get their friends to lend him money and items. He got filthy rich.

Back when I was playing Konami's Yu Gi Oh online, we could trade cards some of which where super valuable but fans didn't know it.

I used to go forward in 20v20 random card trades with people that didn't know card values and got some pretty good ones for trading dragons and old popular cards that were worth nothing. Unethical as it was, I got me a few awesome decks and finished 16th in the world at that season's championship.

Nothing online! As I don't game online, ever.

But I remember my buddies and I were like 13 and playing GTA III and we used to go around killing a specific type of person only (Which, we called Squeezies) until we got busted or wasted.

We also kept a kill count.

The squeezies were guys in a purple tux...Who resemble the guy in this ad, which was huge at the time (so 2002):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDbREzB870A

Don't judge.
We were kids.

Honesty is the best way. Before my teens, I was playing Minecraft on a Multi-Player server and I exposed a bug in the Anti-Cheat plugin which wasn't working and I installed cheats. I was flying and using KillAura to murder other players in KitPvP I have to admit, it was fun at the time. However, as I have gained more experience gaming over the years I realise it's not ethical on other players as it creates an unfair advantage against your opponent. 

On 9/24/2018 at 9:07 AM, DylanC said:

I detonated the atomic bomb and blew up the city of Megaton in Fallout 3 during The Power Of The Atom quest.

Still feel bad about it tbh.

Yeah me too. Hilarious that you can't even get rid of Moira that way though.

Edited by Alyxx

In the age of Wushu, members from our guild infiltrated the four biggest guilds on our server and started a war between them all. Even though I didn't come up with the idea, I was the one who convinced them to go through with it. Needless to say, we had a good laugh watching them fight each other instead of being allies.

Most unethical is probably the countless GTA games and other games with NPCs where I would go around killing people. There's a reason that police come after you if you kill willy nilly in GTA titles, and the same goes for if you kill someone in Hitman that isn't the target for example. They penalize you for it in game. It may not deeter some though. 

Anyway, I've done a lot of unethical things in games.