Register Now
UleTheVee

Slightly mad Announced new game console. WHAT?!

6 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

Just noticed that that the touch screen shows a slight image of the game being played and also an email notification. Not sure why I would want to know whether I have emails on my games console unless they implement some sort of in-house email system solely for gaming news and using to register on games which would be good. Sounds like I'm the only one here that slightly likes it 😄

They selling you an overpriced gaming PC...Seriously, who the hell checks emails on their consoles? Is that a common practice now? Where was I when this trend started becoming popular? 🤣

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

They selling you an overpriced gaming PC...Seriously, who the hell checks emails on their consoles? Is that a common practice now? Where was I when this trend started becoming popular? 🤣

We need a price for this before we even call it "Overpriced".. Dude.

19 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

We need a price for this before we even call it "Overpriced".. Dude.

It will definitely not be under $500 dollars for all its offerings - 4k VR gaming is expensive as hell and to get a PC to be VR compatible requires a lot of capital.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

It will definitely not be under $500 dollars for all its offerings - 4k VR gaming is expensive as hell and to get a PC to be VR compatible requires a lot of capital.

Yes, but remember that it will be released in the next 2-3 years. Those components will go down in price

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Yes, but remember that it will be released in the next 2-3 years. Those components will go down in price

That's what we said 2-3 years ago when 4k gaming just started to hit the scene but the price is basically the same and I don't see the gaming industry trying to make it mainstream or making any serious attempt to develop it at all. 

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That's what we said 2-3 years ago when 4k gaming just started to hit the scene but the price is basically the same and I don't see the gaming industry trying to make it mainstream or making any serious attempt to develop it at all. 

We have to see how the landscape continues to evolve and such.

7 hours ago, Lee said:

I like the styling of the console. 

I doubt it will take off though, too much monopolisation in this market to complete with the major players.

They are looking to become a main player. That's the reason why they are going to pose a challenge

4 minutes ago, Lee said:

We will see. I hope they are successful but I can't see it myself. 

I mean, I'm as skeptical as everyone else. I even wrote coverage for VGR myself. But see, the people who aremaking this console are people known for doing technical achievements with their games. They also have a heavy background on the tech and gaming industries. SO I really wouldn't put it past them if they went ahead for the console market.

4 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

I mean, I'm as skeptical as everyone else. I even wrote coverage for VGR myself. But see, the people who aremaking this console are people known for doing technical achievements with their games. They also have a heavy background on the tech and gaming industries. SO I really wouldn't put it past them if they went ahead for the console market.

I agree that it could happen and it would definitely bring more life to the console market but they lack the backing of many major publishers. Their reputation is nowhere near the Big Three so this may very well be a make or break situation for them.