Register Now
UleTheVee

Slightly mad Announced new game console. WHAT?!

I mean, I'm not going to complain. I'm all for competition but we'll have to wait and see how it goes. The biggest problem for them will, of course, be the games list. There's no point in having an extremely powerful console that beats the rest if all the good games are not developed for the console. They also want to release it in about 2-3 years, that's probably the same time frame of the PS5 and next Xbox so it should be a good competition.

lol. That'll be like in the next 3-4 or God knows when. By that time Sony and Microsoft would have likely developed consoles that can play at 60 fps at 4k resolution so it is just an empty promise. On top of that, they lack the publisher support that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo have so I am not getting my hopes up at all.

Not only will it have the disadvantages like not having the publisher support that other developers have, I presume that it will be extremely expensive. There's no way a small developer (compared to Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo) will have the resources to cheaply make a console with such big promises. The prices for this console will be absurd especially when compared to the next generation of consoles which will probably have similar prices to what the PS4 and Xbox One had.

2 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

Not only will it have the disadvantages like not having the publisher support that other developers have, I presume that it will be extremely expensive. There's no way a small developer (compared to Sony, Microsoft and even Nintendo) will have the resources to cheaply make a console with such big promises. The prices for this console will be absurd especially when compared to the next generation of consoles which will probably have similar prices to what the PS4 and Xbox One had.

Very good points as well and they will have to send a ton-load more money on marketing because they do not have the publicity and reputation that the Big Three have. As a matter of fact, if Sega was to make a console right now, they would probably outsell the Mad Box console just on their reputation of making consoles in the '90s so, I am not that confident that they will even be able to compete with the Big Three.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:34 PM, killamch89 said:

Very good points as well and they will have to send a ton-load more money on marketing because they do not have the publicity and reputation that the Big Three have. As a matter of fact, if Sega was to make a console right now, they would probably outsell the Mad Box console just on their reputation of making consoles in the '90s so, I am not that confident that they will even be able to compete with the Big Three.

Now that the initial design is here. what do you guys thinkl? :v

Initial design post if anyone is interested - https://www.altchar.com/games-news/585241/slightly-mad-studios-share-new-mad-box-designs

Looks interesting. I wonder if Sony and Microsoft will go for a super futuristic look for their consoles as well. It'll be interesting to see whether they stay with these designs because as we know, the prototypes never look that close to the final products. I really like the look though, the touch feature seems really cool.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It looks really hideous...It looks like the missing part of one of those Hotwheels tracks.  🤣

To me it looks like one of those Gaming PCs that are trying way too hard to be interesting. But hey, I definitely don't think much of it, a design can only do so much for a gaming console. It's the internals that matter.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:35 AM, UleTheVee said:

To me it looks like one of those Gaming PCs that are trying way too hard to be interesting. But hey, I definitely don't think much of it, a design can only do so much for a gaming console. It's the internals that matter.

But it is at least 3 years off so by then Microsoft and Sony will more than likely be at that stage and because those two have better reputations, they will be the choice of the majority.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

But it is at least 3 years off so by then Microsoft and Sony will more than likely be at that stage and because those two have better reputations, they will be the choice of the majority.

Not like we have to care now because the new design was unveiled. By the way, can you stop quoting the OP?

3 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Not like we have to care now because the new design was unveiled. By the way, can you stop quoting the OP?

It looks like something from the Acer Predator series or Alienware. Thank the heavens it no longer looks like a camel toe.

Just noticed that that the touch screen shows a slight image of the game being played and also an email notification. Not sure why I would want to know whether I have emails on my games console unless they implement some sort of in-house email system solely for gaming news and using to register on games which would be good. Sounds like I'm the only one here that slightly likes it 😄