Register Now
Alexander.

Listening to music whilst playing

12 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Are you the type of gamer who tends to listen to music whilst playing a video game? If so, what genre? I don't, I have difficulties trying to focus and play computer games at the time. 

I do it sometimes and I am usually listening to hip-hop or reggae during a gaming session. The music doesn't personally affect my focus when gaming and helps me to relax.

I have been using di.fm audio app for years. And it has plenty of good playlist into the app. I mostly listen to the house and trance music. I think only in the horror games I choose not to listen to anything the reason being the soundtracks in the horror games themselves are scary. And that is something one can be taking experience as well. I recommend you to check out di.fm if you are into EDM music.

7 hours ago, skyfire said:

I have been using di.fm audio app for years. And it has plenty of good playlist into the app. I mostly listen to the house and trance music. I think only in the horror games I choose not to listen to anything the reason being the soundtracks in the horror games themselves are scary. And that is something one can be taking experience as well. I recommend you to check out di.fm if you are into EDM music.

To be fair, I tend not to play music during horror games either because I like to take in the atmosphere of horror games even though I am a bit terrified at times.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:07 AM, skyfire said:

The reason I play music is because I don't want to catch blood pressure with the horror content. I want to listen to something smooth and have fun while gaming. So that is one reason I listen to that. 

But-But you won't be terrified otherwise...What is a horror game without atmospheric music? Not that terrifying...🤣

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

I agree that is true. But the thing is that complete atmospheric horror can be fatal for the mind too. So having some distracting sound can be good. Because we should limit each emotion to certain extent. 

I don't know of anyone who plays a horror game to be not that scared - Most people play it to be scared out of their wits and the atmospheric sounds help with that. For instance, in Alien Isolation your character in-game starts to hyperventilate when an Alien is nearby and you can literally feel that fear.

I personally don't want to be scared much lol. But I play more for the surviavl thrill than the scare factor. I mean I don't want to listen to scary sounds all the time. it can be pretty bad for the health and also my insomnia may kick in.

On 4/25/2019 at 5:06 AM, skyfire said:

I personally don't want to be scared much lol. But I play more for the surviavl thrill than the scare factor. I mean I don't want to listen to scary sounds all the time. it can be pretty bad for the health and also my insomnia may kick in.

Insomnia?! 🤣 Sorry, but I found that quite hilarious - all you have to tell yourself is that it's not real - like Santa Clause. It's true that horror games aren't for everyone though especially games like Alien Isolation or the Resident Evil series.

Actually that does not work. Because I have been consuming a lot of soda, mainly coke. Telling myself it's not real won't work though. It does affect insomnia and leads to this sort of mind tricks. I think what we consume definitely has some impact on us. 

On 6/18/2019 at 10:36 PM, skyfire said:

Actually that does not work. Because I have been consuming a lot of soda, mainly coke. Telling myself it's not real won't work though. It does affect insomnia and leads to this sort of mind tricks. I think what we consume definitely has some impact on us. 

You probably need to drink more water - insomnia can be caused by dehydration and also do some exercises in the mornings so that when it reaches bedtime you will be tired and want to sleep.