Register Now
Alexander.

Listening to music whilst playing

For me, if I'm having fun maybe. If I'm focused on laning and winning, no way. Listening to music while playing just takes my focus completely off the game.. Plus if I'm streaming and whatnot, can't really play music with copyright LOL

Not music necessarily, but I usually have something going on in the background. I suffered DOOM (2016) considerably less thanks to the original two games' soundtrack in the background; I can't stand much of Mick Gordon's music. I'm currently listening to audiobooks though, the Gaunt's Ghosts series from Warhammer 40,000.

Only time that I really listen to music while gaming is games that you really need to keep yourself alive and dance too 🙂 Trucking sims like ETS2 and also ATS. JUst get your wheel out and load the game and just trucking while having great music on in your head. At times while streaming people see me singing and they have not idea that I even have music on. 

I currently have a few Spotify playlists created for when I want to relax and listen to music while I game. Lately been listening to music while I play rdr2 or powerwash sim. Really makes the gaming a bit more fun and relaxed. Especially powerwash sim as that can get very tedious, so adding in some music to go along with it helps. 

On 8/1/2022 at 1:39 PM, Kane99 said:

I currently have a few Spotify playlists created for when I want to relax and listen to music while I game. Lately been listening to music while I play rdr2 or powerwash sim. Really makes the gaming a bit more fun and relaxed. Especially powerwash sim as that can get very tedious, so adding in some music to go along with it helps. 

I tend to play a lot of music when playing emulated games because I mute the sound as it annoys me.

57 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I tend to play a lot of music when playing emulated games because I mute the sound as it annoys me.

Why do you mute emulated games? What games are you playing? I love hearing music from retro games. Unless you're using a bad emulator that causes issues with the games sound? Might be a quick fix by messing with the settings. 

I'm not saying you can't listen to your own music while playing retro games. I'm just curious why. There's a lot of great music from retro games. Batman for the nes comes to mind right away for me. It has some awesome music. Which reminds me, making a playlist of retro game music now. 😄

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Why do you mute emulated games? What games are you playing? I love hearing music from retro games. Unless you're using a bad emulator that causes issues with the games sound? Might be a quick fix by messing with the settings. 

I'm not saying you can't listen to your own music while playing retro games. I'm just curious why. There's a lot of great music from retro games. Batman for the nes comes to mind right away for me. It has some awesome music. Which reminds me, making a playlist of retro game music now. 😄

Games like Pokemon and some of the GBA games, the music is really annoying.

21 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Games like Pokemon and some of the GBA games, the music is really annoying.

I've haven't played much of the Pokemon games myself, but I can imagine it not being as good on the GBA and Gameboy consoles. Is it just the 8bit music you can't get into? 

But fair, I've never heard music from the series, so I can't judge. 

At times I love listening to songs outside in-game soundtracks especially when I'm in love with those soundtracks. Music and video games are nice combination, it makes my time more fun while playing my favourite games. Their are some games that doesn't need external soundtracks, which means, you need to pay attention to the dialogues to understand the story. 

10 hours ago, Justin11 said:

At times I love listening to songs outside in-game soundtracks especially when I'm in love with those soundtracks. Music and video games are nice combination, it makes my time more fun while playing my favourite games. Their are some games that doesn't need external soundtracks, which means, you need to pay attention to the dialogues to understand the story. 

For sure, and there are many great games with their own awesome soundtracks. RDR1 and 2 both have impressive soundtracks, and I've often stopped playing to enjoy the music cue. Especially with RDR1, because the music was leaps and bounds better than what RDR2 did. There's some good music there, but RDR1 just hit differently when the music starts. Especially when Far Away from José González boots up in game. Can't get more hyped than that. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

For sure, and there are many great games with their own awesome soundtracks. RDR1 and 2 both have impressive soundtracks, and I've often stopped playing to enjoy the music cue. Especially with RDR1, because the music was leaps and bounds better than what RDR2 did. There's some good music there, but RDR1 just hit differently when the music starts. Especially when Far Away from José González boots up in game. Can't get more hyped than that. 

I think I'm missing something in the previous edition of RDR, maybe I'll consider playing RDR-1, to see what you're talking. YouTube is an option for me to get exactly the soundtracks that featured in RDR-1, then I can download the soundtracks separately to my music folder and listen while playing other games with boring soundtracks, lol.