Register Now
Alexander.

Listening to music whilst playing

5 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I think I'm missing something in the previous edition of RDR, maybe I'll consider playing RDR-1, to see what you're talking. YouTube is an option for me to get exactly the soundtracks that featured in RDR-1, then I can download the soundtracks separately to my music folder and listen while playing other games with boring soundtracks, lol. 

It's one of the best soundtracks out there. Honestly I view it better than rdr2s soundtrack. RDR2s music was good too, but rdr1 slapped harder and sounded way better. I honestly don't hear the music in rdr2 as much for some reason. 

But yeah, there's definitely a few rdr1 playlists on YouTube you can probably add to a playlist. 

I'd also recommend any for the silent hill soundtracks. Especially silent hill 2 and 3s. 

Does anyone here have any spotify playlists they'd like to share? Mainly ones that feature video game music, but I'm not opposed to any type of music, as long as it's good to listen to while gaming. Maybe more instrumental music? I don't like listening to too much music that has lyrics/vocals. Instrumental of vocal free songs are more ideal for me. But I'll be fine with a few songs with vocals. 

I don't make use of Spotify account, I use boom player for all my online music. I never really searched about gaming tracks, you can listen to any music of your choice while gaming. I love listening to external soundtracks of love songs while playing games at nights, it keeps me emotional appealing. 

On 8/11/2022 at 6:06 PM, Kane99 said:

Does anyone here have any spotify playlists they'd like to share? Mainly ones that feature video game music, but I'm not opposed to any type of music, as long as it's good to listen to while gaming. Maybe more instrumental music? I don't like listening to too much music that has lyrics/vocals. Instrumental of vocal free songs are more ideal for me. But I'll be fine with a few songs with vocals. 

To be honest, I closed mine - I currently use Deezer.

On 8/12/2022 at 1:14 AM, Justin11 said:

I don't make use of Spotify account, I use boom player for all my online music. I never really searched about gaming tracks, you can listen to any music of your choice while gaming. I love listening to external soundtracks of love songs while playing games at nights, it keeps me emotional appealing. 

Spotify is better, in my opinion, and you have lots of game soundtracks that you can listen to when playing your favorite game. I feel pumped up when I play games with the music on.

9 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Spotify is better, in my opinion, and you have lots of game soundtracks that you can listen to when playing your favorite game. I feel pumped up when I play games with the music on.

That's cool man, woth this information I've gotten from you, I'm considering getting a Spotify account. I'll see how that one works soonest, but for now, let me continue to stream online music via boom play while enjoying my favourite games. 

On 10/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, Justin11 said:

That's cool man, woth this information I've gotten from you, I'm considering getting a Spotify account. I'll see how that one works soonest, but for now, let me continue to stream online music via boom play while enjoying my favourite games. 

That's fine too as long as you enjoy those music there. The most important is getting value for time spent on any of the apps. 

I am someone who absolutely loves to listen to music whether I am gaming, working or even just cleaning, it helps keep me motivated and I feel so much better for it when I listen to music. When it comes to playing video games, I always have some music on in the background, it may sound crazy but, in some cases, it can help with my concentration. Unfortunately, when it comes to live streaming, I have to go for non-copyright music which is a shame. I did buy the Elgato Wave Link 3 to be able to split my audio but so far, I have been unable to use it to its full potential because my Windows is not up to date due to my PC being a little on the older side, so I do not have the option to be able to select the sound settings I need. Hoping to get that sorted soon though so I can use it to its full potential.

3 hours ago, Shortie said:

I am someone who absolutely loves to listen to music whether I am gaming, working or even just cleaning, it helps keep me motivated and I feel so much better for it when I listen to music. When it comes to playing video games, I always have some music on in the background, it may sound crazy but, in some cases, it can help with my concentration. Unfortunately, when it comes to live streaming, I have to go for non-copyright music which is a shame. I did buy the Elgato Wave Link 3 to be able to split my audio but so far, I have been unable to use it to its full potential because my Windows is not up to date due to my PC being a little on the older side, so I do not have the option to be able to select the sound settings I need. Hoping to get that sorted soon though so I can use it to its full potential.

Yeah music and copyright while streaming is a sticky situation. You can stream with the music, but once that vod is done, they will probably claim the music. And I hear that on some sites, they completely remove the sound, which means they'll remove the voices as well I imagine. 

There can be some good free to use songs out there. For me if I stream, I don't know if I'd play music too much. I think I'd want my audience to pay more attention to me than the music, but I suppose it also depends on what you're playing. 

I could only do that for simulation games. Even then, I'm not fond of the concept as 1) I could only concentrate on one thing at a time, so music might distract me, and 2) I'm a purist on some level who prefers to listen to the kind of soundtrack the developers had for the game, even if I've heard it before. Plus, I'd have to micromanage my music since I don't have playlists prepared.

On 10/22/2022 at 3:42 AM, Ajibusu said:

That's fine too as long as you enjoy those music there. The most important is getting value for time spent on any of the apps. 

I have gotten a Spotify account as well and it been good though it operates on the subscription system like apple music.