Register Now
Alexander.

Would my PC be able to handle streaming?

I'm already a content creator on YouTube. On the otherhand, I'd like to start streaming and I'm hoping a user here will be able to tell me if my PC has the specs to do it. What streaming platform would you suggest to me? I'm planning on using OBS but is there a better alternative that puts less strain on the performance? 

Processor - Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-8300H CPU 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz

Installed RAM - 8.00GB (7.85GB Usable)

System Type - 64-bit operating system, x64 processor Windows 10

Storage - 1TB (1000GB)

Pen and Touch - No pen or touch input is available for this display.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I would need a more detailed spec list with what kind of GPU you have as well. What kind of micrphone do you have for streaming as well as webcam? Do you have a capture card? until you give us a detailed list of what you have, I cannot per say give you a definite yes or no.

On 1/4/2019 at 7:43 PM, killamch89 said:

I would need a more detailed spec list with what kind of GPU you have as well. What kind of micrphone do you have for streaming as well as webcam? Do you have a capture card? until you give us a detailed list of what you have, I cannot per say give you a definite yes or no.

Isn't streaming heavily dependant on the Processor more than anything though?

6 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Isn't streaming heavily dependant on the Processor more than anything though?

I believe it is.

On 1/5/2019 at 1:43 AM, killamch89 said:

How do I get the detailed specification list? I can't find it in system properties. I have a built in Webcam and Microphone. I have a Gaming Headset but it doesn't have a Mic. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

2 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I believe it is.

How do I get the detailed specification list? I can't find it in system properties. I have a built in Webcam and Microphone. I have a Gaming Headset but it doesn't have a Mic. 

Get a program called HWInfo.

10 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I believe it is.

What @UleTheVee said and you will need a condenser microphone for better audio quality during streams when speaking to your audience. Blue Microphones are some of the best on the market - you need to invest in one and make sure to get it with a pop filter and a boom-arm as the original stands are usually garbage.

I think the better question is "can I stream AND game on the same PC". A lot of times streaming takes little effort, but gaming on that same machine can lead to performance problems depending on how much you have going on or what game you are playing and the graphic settings in it.