Register Now
Alexander.

Banned from Xbox Live

Have Microsoft ever banned your Xbox Live Membership, if so what was the reason if you don't mind sharing? Luckily, my account has never been penalised and I'm hoping I never get any punishments from the company. I have always followed the terms and conditions as it's to much to risk my account over something I enjoy. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

When people say banned, I automatically think of banned fully and now allowed back. I have never been banned to the point of where my account was gone, and I could never come back but I have in the past been suspended for messages I have sent over the Xbox Network. I remember one being a message I sent to stick up for myself after something was said to me and I was the one that got penalized and not the person who said way worse which I thought was unfair. I got a 7-day suspension on the message service so I couldn't message or use party chat at all for that week, but it was given back after. In terms of being completely banned I feel it takes a lot for Microsoft to have to outright ban you for good. 

I have not been banned on Xbox, but a friend of mine was banned once and I tried to help him get unbanned, but sadly they don't usually ever overturn a ban. Usually if it's made, they made it for a reason. 

9 minutes ago, Shortie said:

When people say banned, I automatically think of banned fully and now allowed back. I have never been banned to the point of where my account was gone, and I could never come back but I have in the past been suspended for messages I have sent over the Xbox Network. I remember one being a message I sent to stick up for myself after something was said to me and I was the one that got penalized and not the person who said way worse which I thought was unfair. I got a 7-day suspension on the message service so I couldn't message or use party chat at all for that week, but it was given back after. In terms of being completely banned I feel it takes a lot for Microsoft to have to outright ban you for good. 

It doesn't take too much. If you're caught hacking/cheating for example, your account may be banned. The console may even be banned, but I think signing into another account will be fine. But I heard of sometimes banning the console for life. 

I always get a kick out of the people who were banned for like hundreds of years. MS would issue a ban timeframe, and some people would get dates hundreds of years into the future lol. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

I have not been banned on Xbox, but a friend of mine was banned once and I tried to help him get unbanned, but sadly they don't usually ever overturn a ban. Usually if it's made, they made it for a reason. 

It doesn't take too much. If you're caught hacking/cheating for example, your account may be banned. The console may even be banned, but I think signing into another account will be fine. But I heard of sometimes banning the console for life. 

I always get a kick out of the people who were banned for like hundreds of years. MS would issue a ban timeframe, and some people would get dates hundreds of years into the future lol. 

Ah yes, now that you mention that I have heard of consoles being bricked and stopped from going online for things such as hacking, playing pirated games and things like that especially on the Xbox 360 back when people playing pirated games was quite high. I guess when your console gets bricked, and you can't get online that is their way of banning you which is understandable if you are doing something that is very much against their TOS.

40 minutes ago, Shortie said:

Ah yes, now that you mention that I have heard of consoles being bricked and stopped from going online for things such as hacking, playing pirated games and things like that especially on the Xbox 360 back when people playing pirated games was quite high. I guess when your console gets bricked, and you can't get online that is their way of banning you which is understandable if you are doing something that is very much against their TOS.

I always found it crazy to brick the console itself. I understand the user being banned, but the console is another story. Those consoles cost a lot, and when banned, they are essentially paper weights. I think you can factory reset them and put a different account on them, but if you used any hacking tools on said xbox, than I could also understand why it would also ban/brick the console. 

Everyone says to check the Enforcement site. But its abit hard. When Xbox Console Bans you for no reason, as I had a mate who got ban some time ago for faking things that he should not ahve 😛 . Then locks your hotmail account. So you cannot even cancel your xbox live subscription. cancel game pre orders. This is why from now on in future he's on PS5 all the way. Xbox are Criminals banning consoles, locking hotmail email, paypal, netflix on the email, so how do you even check email now.