Alexander.

Debate: Underage gaming

Underage gaming   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Underage gaming

• For
    • Against
    • Neutral

We all know underage gaming is illegal, though I wanted to ask what's your opinion this topic? Are you against or for this argument and why? I'm neutral but doing some research I have found some mixed opinions. Here is a summary of the research I've done.

Generally speaking, to allow an underage child to play an 18+ age restricted game is careless parenting and is illegal according to most laws.. At the end of the day, the parents makes the final decision and even if you disagree there is nothing you can do as it's their children. What's your view on this debate? Vote in the poll. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

Gaming itself isn't an issue at all. I used to play games such as GTA Vice City and San Andreas, Mortal Kombat and Twisted Metal(for ps1) and it didn't distort or in any sense affect me that much. Parents need to establish clear limits as to how long they play as well as to educate their children that the things they witness in these games are wrong and overly exaggerated. The parenting of this generation is pretty poor - the things I see most kids and teens are able to get away with nowadays is mind-blowing.

I don't see any problem with it, to be honest. When I was around 6 or 7, I played Grand Theft Auto Vice City for the first time ever and I loved it. I didn't even care about certain aspects of the game, for me, it was great because it was the first open world and driving game that I experienced and had a chance at playing. It didn't mess me up and I don't think any games affect anyone really. It's all up to the individual. 

36 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

I don't see any problem with it, to be honest. When I was around 6 or 7, I played Grand Theft Auto Vice City for the first time ever and I loved it. I didn't even care about certain aspects of the game, for me, it was great because it was the first open world and driving game that I experienced and had a chance at playing. It didn't mess me up and I don't think any games affect anyone really. It's all up to the individual. 

And parenting. What I have noticed is that the media and society on a hold try to blame everything and everyone else for messing up a child and never really tries to hold the parents accountable for how they raise their children.

2 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

I'm neutral. I believe it is up to the parents, but I would put more focus on being a good parent than what games your child plays.

My sentiments exactly. If the video game is the one doing the parenting, there is something seriously lacking in the parenting skills of said parent.

23 hours ago, killamch89 said:

And parenting. What I have noticed is that the media and society on a hold try to blame everything and everyone else for messing up a child and never really tries to hold the parents accountable for how they raise their children.

I think that point is probably applicable to a lot of things and not just underage gaming really. I think that recently, the media and a lot of individuals are always looking to blame someone else and the companies producing something for things that really should be down to the parents or the individual. People really need to stop blaming others and take some actual responsibility for themselves and their children.

5 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I think that point is probably applicable to a lot of things and not just underage gaming really. I think that recently, the media and a lot of individuals are always looking to blame someone else and the companies producing something for things that really should be down to the parents or the individual. People really need to stop blaming others and take some actual responsibility for themselves and their children.

I wholeheartedly agree but then again, most of the parents of this generation are still children, so they lack the necessary intelligence, patience, and maturity to be one.