Register Now
killamch89

Favorite Stand Up Comedians

The two best stand-up comedians I have ever watched and love rewatching their shows are Dave Chappelle and Katt Williams. Both do not write scripts when preparing for their shows which makes their jokes more authentic and organic than many others as well as they aren't afraid to touch certain very sensitive topics which they can receive backlash for. There is also a lot of truth and information behind the jokes they tell. Who are your favorite stand-up comedians and why?

Hands down, it would have to be the late George Carlin.   After that, I find the late Rodney Dangerfield and Andrew Dice Clay to be funny.  Anyway, even though I find the comedy funny - I don't always agree with their worldview.  It's just funny to listen to their worldview.

On 3/18/2019 at 1:05 PM, The Blackangel said:

To me the godfather of stand up will always be Robin Williams. He was the king. But since his passing I would have to say my favorites are Felipe Esparza, Gabriel Iglesias, Ron White, and Jeff Dunham. In that order.

Gabriel Iglesias is pretty hilarious to be fair but Robin will always be a legend.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 11:33 PM, killamch89 said:

I'd rather they not make a sequel because they'll probably ruin it with their political correctedness - the movie won't be half as enjoyable as the first.

I agree with you. pretty tuff to top the first one.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:29 AM, The Blackangel said:

Come on Hollywood. Can we just leave movies alone, and leave them as the classics they already are? These remakes, and 30 years later sequels are only ruining what were great movies.

I am in total agreement and the part that kills me is the political correctedness which they try to add in to the movie which completely ruins it.

Jim Gaffigan, John Pinette are some of the ones I like. I will have to add in Bill Cosby too. Regardless of what goes on with the media, I can still enjoy somebody's talent. We've even seen him at a show many years ago. He was always quite funny & I've recently watched some of his shows again from the 1980's. Timeless classics!