Register Now
Sign in to follow this  
StaceyPowers

Mass Effect

I haven’t played Mass Effect yet, but someone told me it’s pretty much just a sci-fi Dragon Age. So that definitely sounds like my cup of tea. Who here has played it, and what are your thoughts on it?

Posted (edited)

Having played all of them I think they are some of the best space opera action-adventure games ever made. Really good story although the ending of Mass Effect 3 is pretty weak. But definitely worth playing through.

Edited by Alyxx

I agree with Alyxx. All Mass Effect were fantastic but the ending of the MEA3. Though, I must say that I didn't really like the start of the first one as well... I wouldn't recommend it over games such as Witcher 3 or Skyrim but it is definitely worth a shot.

If you like the Bioware formula (i.e. Dragon Age) you will probably like it.  A lot of conversations and relationship building and pretty fun action as well.  The original trilogy are classics IMO and are definitely worth playing.  Andromeda is a lot better now after the patches and is also a really fun game if you want to get a feel for the style with a game more up to modern standards.