Register Now
StaceyPowers

Best DLC You Ever Played?

2 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What is the best DLC you ever played for any game ever?

On a related note, what would you say was the best value DLC you ever played (i.e. quality added to the game in relation to cost)?

That's a difficult one because of the sheer number of games I have played but I am going to go a bit old school for this one - Age Of The Empires II the conquerors would probably top my list just because it added 4 new factions that had more unique military forces than the original factions which made for hours of entertainment.

Either Left Behind (The Last Of Us dlc) or Old World Blues (Fallout New Vegas dlc). The former for its heart-wrenching and personal story. The latter for the funny writing and interesting, new world Obsidian introduced into the FO universe.

3 hours ago, Joant73 said:

I think the two DLCs for Witcher 3 were the best I've played as far as how much content they added and the quality of that content.  Frozen Wilds for Horizon was also great.

My one gripe with playing witcher 3 is the optimization and while I do love the story and gameplay, it causes my machine to overheat on ultra settings.

12 hours ago, DylanC said:

Either Left Behind (The Last Of Us dlc) or Old World Blues (Fallout New Vegas dlc). The former for its heart-wrenching and personal story. The latter for the funny writing and interesting, new world Obsidian introduced into the FO universe.

Totally agreed on Left Behind! That one blew my mind.

I was finally about to play Old World Blues for the first time the other week, but the freezing/glitching problem NV is giving me made it impossible. It'll be a priority on my next playthrough! I did manage to play Honest Hearts and Dead Money on this playthrough, and really liked both of those.

It's crazy that I can't answer this question because I have never bought or played a DLC for any games that I have owned. The last game that genuinely had some proper DLC that I played was Grand Theft Auto 4 and back then, I didn't really spend much money on gaming so never bought the DLC. And then with the other games, there's just never been some proper DLC. I would have happily spent a lot of money on some GTA singleplayer DLC but they never released any.

5 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

It's crazy that I can't answer this question because I have never bought or played a DLC for any games that I have owned. The last game that genuinely had some proper DLC that I played was Grand Theft Auto 4 and back then, I didn't really spend much money on gaming so never bought the DLC. And then with the other games, there's just never been some proper DLC. I would have happily spent a lot of money on some GTA singleplayer DLC but they never released any.

Rockstar needs to go back to their single-player roots with GTA VI and I hope they release DLCs for the single-player on RDR2.

15 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Rockstar needs to go back to their single-player roots with GTA VI and I hope they release DLCs for the single-player on RDR2.

It's hard to say whether they will really. Grand Theft Auto V was a massive success and a large proportion of that success will be down to the massive amounts of microtransactions they shoved into the game. It worked for them and I really don't see them changing their plan much for the next Grand Theft Auto title, that's if they ever decide to work on it and release it. I personally don't think that they've finished milking GTA V yet.

8 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

It's hard to say whether they will really. Grand Theft Auto V was a massive success and a large proportion of that success will be down to the massive amounts of microtransactions they shoved into the game. It worked for them and I really don't see them changing their plan much for the next Grand Theft Auto title, that's if they ever decide to work on it and release it. I personally don't think that they've finished milking GTA V yet.

GTA V has a year or two left in it and then I think they will drop GTA VI. I haven't seen any signs of it yet in RDR2 but then again they still haven't got the online mode fully functioning as yet and they are struggling with it.