Register Now
killamch89

Nvidia announced the RTX 2060

Nvidia announced the RTX 2060 at CES 2019 early today and based on the specs, it way more powerful than a GTX 1060, 1070 or GTX 1070 TI but isn't quite as powerful as GTX 1080. It has 6 GB of video ram and the retail price will be $350. How do you feel about this announcement and are you planning to purchase it?

On 1/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, killamch89 said:

Nvidia announced the RTX 2060 at CES 2019 early today and based on the specs, it way more powerful than a GTX 1060, 1070 or GTX 1070 TI but isn't quite as powerful as GTX 1080. It has 6 GB of video ram and the retail price will be $350. How do you feel about this announcement and are you planning to purchase it?

Definitely not considering the fact that the 1070 Ti can offer better results and is now lowering its price thanks to the announcement.

16 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Definitely not considering the fact that the 1070 Ti can offer better results and is now lowering its price thanks to the announcement.

I am looking at that Radeon VII graphics card with 16Gb of video memory especially when it is paired with the next gen Ryzen CPUs, will definitely rattle both Intel and Nvidia. The competition is what we need for Nvidia to stop overpricing their GPUs.

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I am looking at that Radeon VII graphics card with 16Gb of video memory especially when it is paired with the next gen Ryzen CPUs, will definitely rattle both Intel and Nvidia. The competition is what we need for Nvidia to stop overpricing their GPUs.

Yep, hard agree on that. If NVIDIA stopped overpricing their GPUs, I'm pretty sure they would stop being dumb and self-absorbed.

Their latest graphics cards that are being announced are DOWNGRADES, poeple!.

17 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Yep, hard agree on that. If NVIDIA stopped overpricing their GPUs, I'm pretty sure they would stop being dumb and self-absorbed.

Their latest graphics cards that are being announced are DOWNGRADES, poeple!.

AMD is really making them feel the heat though. Nvidia CEO was throwing shots at the new Radeon VII card and Freesync and saying they are crap and they don't work. The fact that Nvidia hasn't mentioned AMD in God knows how many years now but AMD is really giving everyone a run for their money. I can't wait until they announce the Navi Gpus and then we will see Nvidia really start to panic.

6 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

AMD is really making them feel the heat though. Nvidia CEO was throwing shots at the new Radeon VII card and Freesync and saying they are crap and they don't work. The fact that Nvidia hasn't mentioned AMD in God knows how many years now but AMD is really giving everyone a run for their money. I can't wait until they announce the Navi Gpus and then we will see Nvidia really start to panic.

I still will keep sticking by the NVIDIA 1070/1080 cards. Mostly because they can actually run the games the way I want them to and I really don't need gimmicks like VR or 4K.

5 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I still will keep sticking by the NVIDIA 1070/1080 cards. Mostly because they can actually run the games the way I want them to and I really don't need gimmicks like VR or 4K.

I am just glad for the competition so Nvidia or Intel can't constantly overprice their products without suffering serious losses which Nvidia keeps wracking up as well.

45 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I am just glad for the competition so Nvidia or Intel can't constantly overprice their products without suffering serious losses which Nvidia keeps wracking up as well.

It's their loss. If they want to be shitty, they can,. Just don't forget that competition will come to them one way or another.

6 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

It's their loss. If they want to be shitty, they can,. Just don't forget that competition will come to them one way or another.

The amount of salt from Nividia's CEO today was really telling - he sounded like a petulant child and the worse part is, all he has managed to do is give AMD's Radeon VII more publicity and has create more interest in AMD's new products.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The amount of salt from Nividia's CEO today was really telling - he sounded like a petulant child and the worse part is, all he has managed to do is give AMD's Radeon VII more publicity and has create more interest in AMD's new products.

Can you show me that statement?!

AMD is owning Intel and NVidia right now. Pair a Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 7 3700 with a Radeon 5600 or 5700 XT, and you'll have a very reasonably priced machine (well under $1000 in many cases) that can run anything on high settings. You definitely get more for your money on Team Red.

Edited by MeowsePad