Register Now
DylanC

There's a good chance that The Last Of Us 2 may release in 2019 (according to ex IGN editor)

7 minutes ago, DylanC said:

It's still just speculation - one person calling it doesn't mean a thing. She got a heads-up about a game release a couple of times but it doesn't mean she has any contacts with the developers of the Last Of Us.

Just now, killamch89 said:

It's still just speculation - one person calling it doesn't mean a thing. She got a heads-up about a game release a couple of times but it doesn't mean she has any contacts with the developers of the Last Of Us.

Aye, take it with a pinch of salt as it's just a rumour. However, this is a *believable* rumour. There's been talk of The Last Of Us 2 being finished development-wise for a while now. All i'm saying is the evidence is mounting for a possible 2019 release. 

12 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Aye, take it with a pinch of salt as it's just a rumour. However, this is a *believable* rumour. There's been talk of The Last Of Us 2 being finished development-wise for a while now. All i'm saying is the evidence is mounting for a possible 2019 release. 

If it gets announced at E3 by...oh wait, Sony isn't going to be at E3 this year and this is one of their biggest and most popular game exclusives so I find that very odd but they could announce it at some other convention as well...

Interesting, far from conclusive but I think late 2019 is a strong possibility, it certainly looked pretty close to being done last E3.  I remember seeing that Sony indicated they wanted to keep it somewhat spread out from Days Gone as they have similar themes, so I think late 2019 fits that bill.  Also, if we are going to see the PS5 in 2020, I think Sony will want to get this game out before then to close this gen so to speak, then they can sell remasters on PS5, similar to how the first was handled.  Either way, I will be grabbing it whenever it comes. 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:18 AM, Joant73 said:

Interesting, far from conclusive but I think late 2019 is a strong possibility, it certainly looked pretty close to being done last E3.  I remember seeing that Sony indicated they wanted to keep it somewhat spread out from Days Gone as they have similar themes, so I think late 2019 fits that bill.  Also, if we are going to see the PS5 in 2020, I think Sony will want to get this game out before then to close this gen so to speak, then they can sell remasters on PS5, similar to how the first was handled.  Either way, I will be grabbing it whenever it comes. 

I honestly doubt that we'll get this game this year. However, I do expect an early 2020 release.

I think the date may go in the march or maybe April. As of now I think some of the games are having the release date in that quarter. It can be pretty long wait if you ask me for some games. I think we have to see if they release it prior to fall though. Because if too many games release in mid 2019 then it can get pretty disturbed on that note.