Register Now
killamch89

AMD announced the Ryzen 3 and Radeon VII!

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get any benchmarks or detailed information for the Ryzen 3 CPUs but on the positive side, it will release in Q2-Q3 of 2019. The Radeon VII, on the other hand, comes with 16GB of video memory! will launch on February 7, 2019, and how can I forget?... They both come with 7nm processes! - the first of their kind. How excited are you about this news?! 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get any benchmarks or detailed information for the Ryzen 3 CPUs but on the positive side, it will release in Q2-Q3 of 2019. The Radeon VII, on the other hand, comes with 16GB of video memory! will launch on February 7, 2019, and how can I forget?... They both come with 7nm processes! - the first of their kind. How excited are you about this news?! 

Didn't we already get a Ryzen 3? Okay, I am going to need a bit of an explanation in this.

On 8/21/2019 at 8:40 AM, skyfire said:

Ryzen series is definitely doing good as far as the sales are concerned. I am sure that by the time we reach December we are going to see lot better financial performance from the Ryzen series.

The more powerful release of video cards and processors are coming out later this year according to reliable reports so AMD fans have a lot more ot look forward to this year in terms of more powerful components.

On 12/29/2020 at 5:38 PM, Patrik said:

Ah yes, the Radeon VII, same price and performance of RTX 2080, but higher power consumption, i don't why it was made lol

Even truer as of today...The 3070 and by extension the RX 6800 makes both of them seem like yesteryear technology. I'm interested to see what both AMD and Nvidia will come with next year as they are both going to 5nm which means the performance jump will be just as insane. Maybe then we'll be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra settings 4k at 60 fps... 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Even truer as of today...The 3070 and by extension the RX 6800 makes both of them seem like yesteryear technology. I'm interested to see what both AMD and Nvidia will come with next year as they are both going to 5nm which means the performance jump will be just as insane. Maybe then we'll be able to play Cyberpunk 2077 on ultra settings 4k at 60 fps... 

Cyberpunk isn't really the most demanding game to exist in 2020, it's Microsoft Flight Simulator, demanding and comes with very bad optimization as well, so i hope the incoming GPU's will be able to handle it

On 12/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, Patrik said:

Cyberpunk isn't really the most demanding game to exist in 2020, it's Microsoft Flight Simulator, demanding and comes with very bad optimization as well, so i hope the incoming GPU's will be able to handle it

It's since the patches that Cyberpunk is really functioning much better but it's still a hassle at 4k which I can't say about many other games apart from the Witcher 3 which was also made by CDPR.

The performance of the ryzen is good and we had a little tech talk on micro Chips and processors and the ryzen 2 was a case study, though everything was a little too far fetched for me since I am not really interested into tech but it was quite enlightening.