Register Now
StaceyPowers

How do you react when a game frustrates you?

When I get frustrated by something in a game which I find illogical or poorly designed, my reaction is usually to attack the problem (i.e. solve a puzzle, finish clearing an area) as quickly as possibly and move on. I can get kind of manic about it. I just want it out of my way so I can get back to enjoying the rest of the game.

On the other hand, my friend who I game with has the exact opposite reaction. He rage-quits, sometimes not just for the night, but forever with that particular game.

It made me wonder which of our reactions are more “typical.”

How do you react when a game really frustrates you?

My usual reaction is just to walk out. Because a lot of games are boring in terms of design. And they seem to be not adding much value. So it kind of gets irritated. And often walking out on a game is the best thing one can do. I'd say in such case better to stick with what you like in some games and walk out on other games. That is how I am seeing the games as well. 

Or you could just destroy your console/PC and accessories in a fit of rage and complain about it after...😂 Fifa seems to really bring out the Hulk in everyone.

*Disclaimer* Killa is not responsible for any damaged caused by my sarcastic comment. I wasn't being serious.

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:04 PM, killamch89 said:

That works too but I feel it cheapens the rewarding nature of figuring it out for yourself.

I get that, but sometimes quick fixes work well.. lol 

I have found I enjoy watching youtube tutorials on gaming.. 

1 hour ago, mont86 said:

I get that, but sometimes quick fixes work well.. lol 

I have found I enjoy watching youtube tutorials on gaming.. 

It does teach you a lot I cannot lie and you also get ideas to try things you wouldn't have thought of just by watching how the Youtuber plays.

I have broken my playing pad for my Playstation 4 console once and I regretted it so much as it had to cost me more money to have it replaced. 

Now, when a particular game frustrates me so much, I would simply stop playing at the moment and get my mind off it to come back and resume again. 

When a game frustrates me, I just stop playing the game. Sometimes I go extreme and uninstall the game. When I was playing Candy Crush, I just loved the game. I was like playing 5-6 hours in a day. Then one day I stuck on a certain level. No matter what I could not clear the level. Then one day I just uninstalled the game.

Normally, I would just keep hissing for so long and if it still keeps making me feel horrible, then I would have no other option than to stop playing for the time being. 

I have personally seen some people/gamers get so violent when they keep getting frustrated with their game and it's never a good sight to behold. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Normally, I would just keep hissing for so long and if it still keeps making me feel horrible, then I would have no other option than to stop playing for the time being. 

I have personally seen some people/gamers get so violent when they keep getting frustrated with their game and it's never a good sight to behold. 

Do these same people act that way in public ?

On 2/7/2019 at 12:13 PM, Heatman said:

I saw a video one time on Facebook or YouTube where a guy smashed his television over losing a FIFA game to his friend. It was so horrible to watch.