Register Now
UleTheVee

How to Spot a Hacker?

I get it, it's hard to know when someone you're playing and is doing suspiciously well is either hacking or not. However, once you learn how to notice their behaviors, you will know who is actually hitting you in the face and cheating and who is just a really skilled player who doesn't deserve to be called a hacker.

However, what are the tools that hackers use to get an unfair advantage? The most common types are Soft Aimbots and Aimlocks. However, there are also some game-specific cheats that can be used such as ESP (Extra Sensorial Perception) cheats or Wallhacks.

A very useful way to determine someone is hacking or not is to always look at the player's actions and wonder whether or not this was a read or prediction. Always ask yourself "If I were a professional player, would I be playing this way?" Sniper players mostly rely on scoping as soon as they see a target. However, they DO NOT scope behind a wall unless they KNOW that there is someone nearby. This suggests that the player has some sort of wallhack on.

Remember, actions change according to the tools we have available to us. In a shooter game, you don't have immediate access to the enemy team's location. As such, if you see someone who seems to know what's ahead even though it's fairly certain that you are not even near their FOV (Field of Vision). They are most likely hacking.

Other actions can actually tell you a lot of things. An Aimbot will always target the player that's closest to them. As such, when they are faced with multiple players the crosshair will always snap onto the target in an attempt to track them down. And yes, it looks extremely unnatural from a player perspective too. Always be on the lookout for how the player you suspect of hacking moves IN and OUT of combat. If their movement is smooth before combat but the second they get to attack others they start snapping all over the place, it's obviously a hack.

I'll briefly touch on ESPs as they only affect games with characters that can turn invisible. ESPs basically allow you to know the locations of, or see every player in the game whether there are walls or terrain in the way or whatever. Considering the fact that this isn't what we can naturally do it's why it's called Extra Sensorial Perception. This sort of cheat can easily be found if you play as that invisible player and bait it out. For example, in TF2, it's quite commmon to play Spy with the stock invis watch and then use it before entering within the range of the hacker. If the hacker shoots you down or tracks you while you're invisible despite giving absolutely no hint you would be there. It's a person using a ESP.

Now that you've got this out of the way. Let's try going for the practical use. MaxBox made a great video showing off clips of cheaters in Professional TF2 play. Can you determine who is a hacker?

1 hour ago, UleTheVee said:

I get it, it's hard to know when someone you're playing and is doing suspiciously well is either hacking or not. However, once you learn how to notice their behaviors, you will know who is actually hitting you in the face and cheating and who is just a really skilled player who doesn't deserve to be called a hacker.

However, what are the tools that hackers use to get an unfair advantage? The most common types are Soft Aimbots and Aimlocks. However, there are also some game-specific cheats that can be used such as ESP (Extra Sensorial Perception) cheats or Wallhacks.

A very useful way to determine someone is hacking or not is to always look at the player's actions and wonder whether or not this was a read or prediction. Always ask yourself "If I were a professional player, would I be playing this way?" Sniper players mostly rely on scoping as soon as they see a target. However, they DO NOT scope behind a wall unless they KNOW that there is someone nearby. This suggests that the player has some sort of wallhack on.

Remember, actions change according to the tools we have available to us. In a shooter game, you don't have immediate access to the enemy team's location. As such, if you see someone who seems to know what's ahead even though it's fairly certain that you are not even near their FOV (Field of Vision). They are most likely hacking.

Other actions can actually tell you a lot of things. An Aimbot will always target the player that's closest to them. As such, when they are faced with multiple players the crosshair will always snap onto the target in an attempt to track them down. And yes, it looks extremely unnatural from a player perspective too. Always be on the lookout for how the player you suspect of hacking moves IN and OUT of combat. If their movement is smooth before combat but the second they get to attack others they start snapping all over the place, it's obviously a hack.

I'll briefly touch on ESPs as they only affect games with characters that can turn invisible. ESPs basically allow you to know the locations of, or see every player in the game whether there are walls or terrain in the way or whatever. Considering the fact that this isn't what we can naturally do it's why it's called Extra Sensorial Perception. This sort of cheat can easily be found if you play as that invisible player and bait it out. For example, in TF2, it's quite commmon to play Spy with the stock invis watch and then use it before entering within the range of the hacker. If the hacker shoots you down or tracks you while you're invisible despite giving absolutely no hint you would be there. It's a person using a ESP.

Now that you've got this out of the way. Let's try going for the practical use. MaxBox made a great video showing off clips of cheaters in Professional TF2 play. Can you determine who is a hacker?

I got most of it right but sometimes it is very subtle unless you really are paying attention. The part I do not get is how come they do not have some kind of aimbot detection system installed in-game because these are some of the more popular hacking tools used especially in FPS titles.

Just now, killamch89 said:

I got most of it right but sometimes it is very subtle unless you really are paying attention. The part I do not get is how come they do not have some kind of aimbot detection system installed in-game because these are some of the more popular hacking tools used especially in FPS titles.

SOme programs can bypass this and this is THE reason why people are giving flack to Fallout 76.  It's called "Privacy"

1 minute ago, UleTheVee said:

SOme programs can bypass this and this is THE reason why people are giving flack to Fallout 76.  It's called "Privacy"

A pretty bizarre policy if you ask me but Fallout 76 has way more issues than just that. The list is too long to cover in one post lol - it'd need its own forum.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A pretty bizarre policy if you ask me but Fallout 76 has way more issues than just that. The list is too long to cover in one post lol - it'd need its own forum.

Not really. The issue I?m talking about is how FO76 scans the user's computer without any authorization. Imagine other games doing the exact same thing. Not only that, but aimbot programs can sneak into those things with soft-codes anyways.

Also, you don't need to quote the big posts people make to get their attention. They can see you commenting lol

18 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Not really. The issue I?m talking about is how FO76 scans the user's computer without any authorization. Imagine other games doing the exact same thing. Not only that, but aimbot programs can sneak into those things with soft-codes anyways.

Also, you don't need to quote the big posts people make to get their attention. They can see you commenting lol

You right but I also heard that Bethesda uploaded vaporware on player's computers without permission as well.

Yes, when the player is an experience gamer versatile with the option of game which he is playing with a fellow player. If the opposite number cheats trying to control the system to favour em, the experienced gamer who isn't cheating should spot that because he's experienced enough to know when things aren't going normal.