Register Now
Alexander.

How do you communicate

Tell me, how do you communicate to fellow online gamers whilst playing? Do you prefer chatting by keyboard, microphone or video chat?  Using the keyboard to talk is just an added distraction and takes time which could lead to your opponent winning the match so that's why I prefer using my Headset with a Built in Microphone.

I don't communicate at all lol. Unless I'm playing with friends, I don't communicate at all no matter the game. I feel that communication definitely makes the experience during certain games like Fortnite much better but it just feels weird talking to random people especially young kids. I'm pretty attentive during games so I'm usually aware of my surroundings so I don't really need people to tell me where enemies are etc. It does become a problem sometimes though especially when others are not attentive and you're trying to get their attention

On 1/15/2019 at 12:59 AM, killamch89 said:

I always communicate in-game via computer headset with microphone. I like to crack jokes when I am playing and also to communicate with my team in-game.

I'm interested in upgrading mine. What headset do you have, How much did you pay, What are the reviews like and finally would you recommend it for me? Where would you suggest that I look to upgrade and sell my current set. 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:59 AM, killamch89 said:

I always communicate in-game via computer headset with microphone. I like to crack jokes when I am playing and also to communicate with my team in-game.

I've always wondered whether to get a proper headset for gaming because at the moment I'm just using my earphones that I also use to listen to music. They're Sennheiser earphones and I'm pretty happy with them although always thought it might make sense to go for a proper gaming headset.

6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I'm interested in upgrading mine. What headset do you have, How much did you pay, What are the reviews like and finally would you recommend it for me? Where would you suggest that I look to upgrade and sell my current set. 

I have the hyper Cloud Gaming headset(the original one) and I paid $70 dollars for it about 3 years ago but it is still going strong. It has very good reviews and yes, while I could recommend it because it is still an awesome headset, I am trying to upgrade to one of their more modern versions - especially the alpha or the stinger series. I would suggest using eBay to sell your current set and you can find a brand new pair of that platform as well. Just be sure to check that the seller is a highly reputable one.

3 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I've always wondered whether to get a proper headset for gaming because at the moment I'm just using my earphones that I also use to listen to music. They're Sennheiser earphones and I'm pretty happy with them although always thought it might make sense to go for a proper gaming headset.

I would go for a proper gaming headset for the quality experience but if you are still happy with your Sennheiser earphones and you can't afford a new one at the moment, then just keep going with that.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have the hyper Cloud Gaming headset(the original one) and I paid $70 dollars for it about 3 years ago but it is still going strong. It has very good reviews and yes, while I could recommend it because it is still an awesome headset, I am trying to upgrade to one of their more modern versions - especially the alpha or the stinger series. I would suggest using eBay to sell your current set and you can find a brand new pair of that platform as well. Just be sure to check that the seller is a highly reputable one.

70$ is a good price converting into £54.32 pence which isn't a lot to spend on a headset. As this is US Currency, is this electronic good available in the UK or obtainable by international shipping? Even though I've never sold a product on Ebay, I've heard about their fees that come with selling goods and services. What percentage do the company take of you for their profits/tax? Would you recommend I either list my headset as buy now or an auction to maximize the amount of cash I can sell it for? 

10 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

70$ is a good price converting into £54.32 pence which isn't a lot to spend on a headset. As this is US Currency, is this electronic good available in the UK or obtainable by international shipping? Even though I've never sold a product on Ebay, I've heard about their fees that come with selling goods and services. What percentage do the company take of you for their profits/tax? Would you recommend I either list my headset as buy now or an auction to maximize the amount of cash I can sell it for? 

It is sold everywhere so you should check the UK eBay website and get a brand new pair. I haven't really sold anything on eBay either and I am not sure how much eBay takes out for posting your item but you can either choose to incur the cost of shipping the item to the customer or you can let them pay the shipping fee. An auction is a great way to maximize the amount of cash for the item but there is a chance that very few people bid and their bids are ridiculously low and you have to sell the item for that said price. A clever way to go about it is put it as buy now but be willing to take an offer so you can price the item slightly above what it would go for but take an offer that is closest to what you really want.

While gaming, I prefer to use voice when available. Especially during StarCraft sessions, but this applies to pretty much anything; I really don't like being slowed down on what I'm doing by having to type to people. And that's assuming I communicate at all; playing pubs, I usually feel little need to talk to anyone.