Register Now
Alexander.

Changing gamertag: Xbox

I have never changed my username and never needed to change my username either. I'm always careful when choosing my username so I've never ended up with a silly or stupid username that I've regretted later on. It always amazes me when people have chosen stupid usernames and regret them and then I remember how I chose the number 69 for a free football shirt when I was smaller and now I can't wear it because of the stupid number and how embarrassing it is lol. Kids choosing numbers or usernames never end well 😂

5 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I have never changed my username and never needed to change my username either. I'm always careful when choosing my username so I've never ended up with a silly or stupid username that I've regretted later on. It always amazes me when people have chosen stupid usernames and regret them and then I remember how I chose the number 69 for a free football shirt when I was smaller and now I can't wear it because of the stupid number and how embarrassing it is lol. Kids choosing numbers or usernames never end well 😂

Same as me. I never usually change usernames either unless I am trying to avoid someone in-game so I change names. Otherwise, I always keep the same username.

On 1/15/2019 at 1:05 AM, killamch89 said:

Same as me. I never usually change usernames either unless I am trying to avoid someone in-game so I change names. Otherwise, I always keep the same username.

If someone is harassing you on Xbox Live, you have three options. You can either Block, Report or change your gamertag. Usually, Blocking/Reporting the player will work but you should only change your gamertag as a last resort if nothing else works. This isn't really a good reason to alter your username. 

On 1/15/2019 at 1:05 AM, killamch89 said:

That sounds like a long method to get away from someone that is annoying you or harassing you in-game. Like Infected said, why don't you just block them or even report them. I believe Xbox takes reports quite seriously. I've heard of people getting banned for really silly reasons so if someone is bothering you, that might be a better solution than changing your username 😄

42 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

That sounds like a long method to get away from someone that is annoying you or harassing you in-game. Like Infected said, why don't you just block them or even report them. I believe Xbox takes reports quite seriously. I've heard of people getting banned for really silly reasons so if someone is bothering you, that might be a better solution than changing your username 😄

Read through the Code of Conduct and learn how to report here. Most of the time it's best to ignore bullies, they'll get bored eventually. Have you ever changed username for the reason you mentioned? @killamch89

6 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I do block people but they always seem to find ways around that and after reporting them, the devs take an unusually long time to deal with the situation so changing my username alleviates that problem right away.

5 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Read through the Code of Conduct and learn how to report here. Most of the time it's best to ignore bullies, they'll get bored eventually. Have you ever changed username for the reason you mentioned? @killamch89

Once and  it was because this modder kept bothering me and the admin of Eden Eternal took unusually long to hand such an issue so changing username really came in handy.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I do block people but they always seem to find ways around that and after reporting them, the devs take an unusually long time to deal with the situation so changing my username alleviates that problem right away.

Once and  it was because this modder kept bothering me and the admin of Eden Eternal took unusually long to hand such an issue so changing username really came in handy.

Fair enough. @killamch89 Are you using PC to play the video game? If so, please press the O key open up the Social interface window. Here, you can manage your current friends, add new players to your friends list and finally block pests that are bothering you in-game. This is the most simplest solution to solve your problem rather than going through all of that trouble altering names. 

10 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Fair enough. @killamch89 Are you using PC to play the video game? If so, please press the O key open up the Social interface window. Here, you can manage your current friends, add new players to your friends list and finally block pests that are bothering you in-game. This is the most simplest solution to solve your problem rather than going through all of that trouble altering names. 

Eden Eternal shut down from about 2016 and I stopped playing from 2013 but thanks for the handy tip.