Register Now
Alexander.

Returning video games.

What was the reason for returning your video game back to the store you bought it from? Change of mind, damaged, or wrong product? Were you offered store credit or/ money? I've never encountered any problems with any of my collection of video games, they've all seemed to be working as of today

I've never had to return a game because of any issues with the disc or receiving the wrong product. However, there have been several times where I have either regretted the purchase or ended up playing the game and not liking it. I tend to buy my games from Amazon mostly so I've never had any problems with returns. They always take the games back and offer free returns shipping if you return within a few days. And I always get my money added to the giftcard balance since that is how I pay for the games.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:03 PM, killamch89 said:

I have never really had any issues with my video game purchases when it came to delivery. There have been games that I have regretted buying being that the game absolutely flopped but that is part of the process.

Your aware you could of returned it to the merchant for either store credit or cash, depending on their policies. Was the game unopened at the time and met all of their return policies? If not, you could of listed the game on Gumtree or Ebay. Out of interest, what video game did you purchase that you are regretting to this day?  I'd recommend Gumtree as they deduct no fees unlike ebay with future situations similar to this one. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

10 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Your aware you could of returned it to the merchant for either store credit or cash, depending on their policies. Was the game unopened at the time and met all of their return policies? If not, you could of listed the game on Gumtree or Ebay. Out of interest, what video game did you purchase that you are regretting to this day?  I'd recommend Gumtree as they deduct no fees unlike ebay with future situations similar to this one. 

It was a digital purchase and I can't quite remember the game either because it was years ago.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:17 PM, killamch89 said:

It was a digital purchase and I can't quite remember the game either because it was years ago.

No worries. Stay safe in the future though. Download this PDF and read how to be protected whilst shopping for PC games online. Hope this helps avoid any future issues aswell as keeping your money secure from scammers and low quality goods. 

buying-electrical-goods-online-a5-leaflet-2014.pdf

I'm not sure I've actually returned any... but I have turned around and traded them back into Gamestop lol. 

As much as I love Dragon Age, I traded in the copy of Inquisition I bought for the Xbox One because I felt too blind to see a lot of the menus lol. Everything was just too small no matter what I did, so I just said "screw this" and bought it on PC later on instead. 

Edited by Cleopatra92

I wonder if some of the capcom based titles come back in the marktet. With say new graphics and also with something like say VR support. They seem to have a good titles for non english users. I wish more such developers come out in the open English market.