Register Now
Alexander.

Reporting players

Have you ever reported players who are breaching the terms of service of the game you are playing? It really does depend on how serious it is but in most cases I'll ignore it as reports usually get ignored and rejected by server admins. I don't want to waste my time on using the report feature if nothing happens to it.

When Fortnite Battle Royale first came out, I remember that they had team killing enabled which was extremely annoying. You would struggle to go into squads because if you got a good weapon or item, you had to watch your back in case some idiot thought it would be funny or a good idea to kill you. That's the only time I've reported players because even though it was enabled, purposely team killing someone was against the "rules". I've never really encountered any hackers or exploiters so haven't had to report players other than for team killing.

I reported plenty of hackers and modders in the GTA V online lobbies because it is annoying that they constantly keep spawning stuff into your safe houses and garages. It gets even more annoying when they start spawning in ridiculous things like Optimus Prime.

Reports work on a cumulative basis. So they won't initially work and people will feel discouraged form doing them. But the more a person is reported, the more the game company responsible for upholding the rules is going to look into the affairs of the offender.

48 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

Reports work on a cumulative basis. So they won't initially work and people will feel discouraged form doing them. But the more a person is reported, the more the game company responsible for upholding the rules is going to look into the affairs of the offender.

Most admins in a game take forever to look into a situation. There are only a few games where I know the admins act very swiftly such as Fortnite.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:01 AM, killamch89 said:

Most admins in a game take forever to look into a situation. There are only a few games where I know the admins act very swiftly such as Fortnite.

Most gaming companies hire employees to help police their terms and conditions on their customers. However, non-profitable organizations hire volunteers and not actual Employees, for example hiring someone over the computer to help you out with a server you own. They are voluntarily doing the work so the amount of time they dedicate is up to them. I have to agree with everyone in this topic, hackers creates an unfair advantage over other players leading to other players finding it acceptable to cheat and then there is no fun for anyone playing as each user will have the same power.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Most gaming companies hire employees to help police their terms and conditions on their customers. However, non-profitable organizations hire volunteers and not actual Employees, for example hiring someone over the computer to help you out with a server you own. They are voluntarily doing the work so the amount of time they dedicate is up to them. I have to agree with everyone in this topic, hackers creates an unfair advantage over other players leading to other players finding it acceptable to cheat and then there is no fun for anyone playing as each user will have the same power.

Thanks for your valuable input infected.

The really bad situation I was in was when it was the admins that needed to be reported. In an MMO, the admins played as “gods,” and we were involved in an “event” where we were at war with one of the gods and his followers. He was supposed to play by a certain set of rules so that we had a shot at winning, but he was cheating. We tried repeatedly to report him to the other admins, who ignored us. I found out years later he did eventually get fired for cheating, and felt both vindicated and annoyed that it didn’t happen earlier.

In that same game, I had a friend who was being sexually harassed by a player she was pretty sure was the RL boyfriend of one of the admins. Not only did the admin refuse to do anything about it, but when another of my friends went to help her, the admin banned his character permanently.

You can see some of the reason why I didn’t last there.

I'm always doing it, that i sometimes believe i should be spending those hours editing and uploading proofs in a part time job that could bring me extra income, luckily there are forums that are meant for that, otherwise, i would have to wait for ages for admins to check the reports...

I used to report people all the time back in the 360 days. I even had a clan where I would snitch on people who hacked and cheated. I would even report people who said horribly offensive things and had offensive names. I would never report anyone because they were a noob or bad at the game though. If you did, you could get banned for filing false reports. I only reported people I know where hacking and cheating (mostly Call of Duty, as it was easy to see lol) and who were extremely offensive. (racism, homophobia, etc)

But yeah, these days I don't play much online games. If I do, it's with friends and we stick to private parties anyway. I haven't reported anyone in a long time.