Register Now
StaceyPowers

How much challenge do you want from a game?

What level of challenge do you want when you play a video game? How do you decide on the difficulty setting you’ll use?

I know some people prefer their games to be virtually effortless, and others who want them to be as punishing as possible.

For me, I like there to be just enough of a challenge that it pushes me to find ways to innovate my strategies or improve my aim, but not so much that it is just relentlessly hard.

5 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

What level of challenge do you want when you play a video game? How do you decide on the difficulty setting you’ll use?

I know some people prefer their games to be virtually effortless, and others who want them to be as punishing as possible.

For me, I like there to be just enough of a challenge that it pushes me to find ways to innovate my strategies or improve my aim, but not so much that it is just relentlessly hard.

I love when it is ridiculously hard but beatable as I find that when a game is way too easy, I tend to avoid that game.

26 minutes ago, UleTheVee said:

I love hard games as much as the next guy but I also love to feel like a god without really trying. ALthough, when I master a difficult game I tend to get the exact same feeling so really, it depends on my mood.

I tend to find myself falling asleep when I am playing a ridiculously easy game. I tend to set every game to the hardest setting when I get it and just enjoy the ride.

5 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I love when it's extremely hard and then I can use my initiative and come up with strategies on how to overcome the problem. Some parts of Skyrim are very difficult. I enjoy a challenge otherwise if it's to easy I end up getting bored really easily.

I find myself nodding off to sleep whenever a game is too easy. I swear that I have the attention span of a 5-year-old. 🤣