Register Now
iddy1994

I got a free steam key for the first time

I was on steam and I tweeted the developer of the game about how excited i was and he just gave me a free steam key which was pretty cool and i've just played the game and it was amazing!

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them before? Someone just giving them a steam key for free? if so, what game was it?

Edited by iddy1994
adding some more words for context

1 hour ago, iddy1994 said:

I was on steam and I tweeted the developer of the game about how excited i was and he just gave me a free steam key which was pretty cool and i've just played the game and it was amazing!

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them before? Someone just giving them a steam key for free? if so, what game was it?

Well, there was that game that humble was giving away free steam keys to but otherwise, no I have never really received a Steam key for free.

Unfortunately, it's never happened to me before. Nothing is for free in this world, there is always a catch whether it's a scam or not. Although, congratulations for acquiring the steam key. May I ask, what video game was it and how would you rate it so far?

Edited by xXInfectedXx

4 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Unfortunately, it's never happened to me before. Nothing is for free in this world, there is always a catch whether it's a scam or not. Although, congratulations for acquiring the steam key. May I ask, what video game was it and how would you rate it so far?

Well, there are times where you can get a free steam key - no strings attached like on Reddit they have a free sub-Reddit and I have had friends receive free Steam keys.

6 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

It was this one! 
I highly recommend it!

Edited by iddy1994
Adding another word for context

On 1/15/2019 at 5:24 PM, killamch89 said:

Well, there are times where you can get a free steam key - no strings attached like on Reddit they have a free sub-Reddit and I have had friends receive free Steam keys.

Thank you for the explanation. Would you mind explaining a little more where I can possibly aquire these keys? Are there any active giveaways you know of? What section of Reddit do I need to follow? I'm interested in purchasing some video games of Steam for my new, gaming laptop. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

3 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

Thank you for the explanation. Would you mind explaining a little more where I can possibly aquire these keys? Are there any active giveaways you know of? What section of Reddit do I need to follow? I'm interested in purchasing some video games of Steam for my new, gaming laptop. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

I went onto a website called itch.io developers usually let people test their games on there for free and let people report to them if there are any glitches or buggs

7 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

I went onto a website called itch.io developers usually let people test their games on there for free and let people report to them if there are any glitches or buggs

That sounds like a very good website to check out. I wouldn't mind being a game tester at all.

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

That sounds like a very good website to check out. I wouldn't mind being a game tester at all.

well they dont really pay you for it its just a place to play the alpha/beta version of their game and if there are any comments you want to make to them then you just do so