Register Now
iddy1994

I got a free steam key for the first time

14 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

well they dont really pay you for it its just a place to play the alpha/beta version of their game and if there are any comments you want to make to them then you just do so

I don't mind as long as I get to play certain games before most other people and that is a pretty good reward within itself.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't mind as long as I get to play certain games before most other people and that is a pretty good reward within itself.

go for it dude they do have some decent games on itch.io it just depends if your laptop/ pc can handle it

11 hours ago, iddy1994 said:

go for it dude they do have some decent games on itch.io it just depends if your laptop/ pc can handle it

My desktop should be able to handle almost anything and my gaming laptop isn't half bad either so I'll definitely check it out.

Haha, that's great actually. It definitely works well with lesser known developers who will be more likely to give you out a free steam key to ensure that they could possibly get some good reception for their game. The fact that you enjoyed the game and thought that it was quite cool is amazing for the developer. 

It hasn't happened to me although I have managed to get a few beta codes for games.