Register Now
killamch89

EA and Activision Fires Devs and give their execs huge bonuses!

20 minutes ago, Alyxx said:

Not surprising...

You say that, but the problem is that economics work in a very odd way in America.

CEO's are often stepping down from companies that obviously are going to fail. As such, companies have to give those CEOs as much money as possible so they stay while the ship sinks.

I'm not surprised at all really. This is quite a popular thing to do and we see a lot of companies doing this in a lot of industries. There was a news report recently about a store having to let go of some staff even though the bonuses of the owners were going up. I'm not sure if they really are doing that to ensure they don't step down but it's not exactly a nice thing to see especially when a lot of these CEO's are already getting an immense amount of money.

1 hour ago, DarthHazard said:

I'm not surprised at all really. This is quite a popular thing to do and we see a lot of companies doing this in a lot of industries. There was a news report recently about a store having to let go of some staff even though the bonuses of the owners were going up. I'm not sure if they really are doing that to ensure they don't step down but it's not exactly a nice thing to see especially when a lot of these CEO's are already getting an immense amount of money.

Most CEOs earn way more in one year than most of us in a decade and they get all kinds of bonuses and incentives as well. They couldn't care less what direction the company is moving in - As long as they continue to make money is all that matters to them.

On 1/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, killamch89 said:

Most CEOs earn way more in one year than most of us in a decade and they get all kinds of bonuses and incentives as well. They couldn't care less what direction the company is moving in - As long as they continue to make money is all that matters to them.

Precisely. Yet these are the people who somehow are treated as if they are indispensable. 

Everyone at the bottom is replaceable. It's why games are going down in quality at such an alarming rate. everything is a sequel. There's no originality anymore. When developers were allowed to try something new, many games flopped because they weren't being given the time and money to actually develop the games. Not when there was the belief that they could make so much more money by releasing another one in a series that was doing so great. Another CoD, GoW, AC, GTA, and so on. We can't get anything original anymore. We as gamers are fucked. And the sad thing is, that for a large part, we brought it on ourselves.

It's too dangerous and not profitable to take chances. We're never going to see another Marble Madness, Blackthorne, or Conker's Bad Fur Day. So settle in people because we're not going anywhere for a very very long time.

Because nothing is new, and it's all sequels.

Edited by The Blackangel

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't get it either and I still can't pinpoint the logic behind it....

Alas, money, and not logic, rule the day …

Or, to paraphrase what I heard Marston say last night in RDR, “So long as there is money and guns, there will never be freedom.”