Register Now
DarthHazard

Free to Play Online PS Games

I'm seriously considering not renewing my PlayStation Plus membership this year because of the stupid price for it. Unless I can find it for a relatively cheap price (£32-35), I probably won't get it or will just wait until the price drops. I know that Fortnite is free to play online so you don't need PS Plus to play online. Are there any other games that work like this? I know that the Crew 2 is always online so will that be free to play as well without PS Plus?

5 hours ago, DarthHazard said:

I'm seriously considering not renewing my PlayStation Plus membership this year because of the stupid price for it. Unless I can find it for a relatively cheap price (£32-35), I probably won't get it or will just wait until the price drops. I know that Fortnite is free to play online so you don't need PS Plus to play online. Are there any other games that work like this? I know that the Crew 2 is always online so will that be free to play as well without PS Plus?

Not sure to tell you as I don't own a Sony console anymore and I am not sure if the Crew II will be free to play without it but Warframe is also free to play across any platform.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:58 PM, DarthHazard said:

Pretty sure Warframe has a big following on PS4. It’s a F2P arena third-person action title. Can play online without PS Plus, too.

League of legends is also free to play. I have installed it on PC though. I am not sure if they are kind of compatible with that version on the PS. I think for PS it could be different version. And you may have to check it on their online website. 

On 3/7/2019 at 4:16 AM, skyfire said:

League of legends is also free to play. I have installed it on PC though. I am not sure if they are kind of compatible with that version on the PS. I think for PS it could be different version. And you may have to check it on their online website. 

League of Legends on PC is great, mate. For the fact that you get to play it for free is what I like about the game on PC. 

On 3/15/2022 at 5:40 PM, Head_Hunter said:

I never really love going online gaming, most games I played offline. I just don't want to spend unnecessarily due to option of micro-transactions. Maybe in the future when I feel their is need I can go into online gaming. 

Playing offline games got its advantages such as not being vulnerable to online bullying and all of that. However, there are gamers that focus on online games because it helps to save progress since they can play on any device.

16 hours ago, Knight Barida said:

Playing offline games got its advantages such as not being vulnerable to online bullying and all of that. However, there are gamers that focus on online games because it helps to save progress since they can play on any device.

Exactly, it is like that for some gamers. I happened to be one of them that doesn't like much of the MMO games. Only few tickles my attention which is Fut league, Minecraft, and Fortnite, and not all the time. 

Rogue Company, PlanetSide2, DC Universe, Call of Duty Warzone, etc. are honestly the best ones out there that are free and I believe they don't need PS+ to play online (although may need to double check Warzone and Rogue Company)

On 3/23/2022 at 7:16 AM, Knight Barida said:

The biggest challenge that gamers face with playing online game is the bullying from other players. You can get into a war of words all because you are trying to make a point on an event that occurred in the game.