Register Now
StaceyPowers

Those who have switched platforms, how did it work out?

I made a big jump from console to PC Gaming. It went smoothly, I ended up selling my game collection along with my Xbox 360 to WeBuy/Cex, I received around £20.00 for the whole lot. The main reason was due to my console aging and Microsoft made the decision to stop selling and creating video games for the 360. Eventually, I ended up purchasing a Acer Gaming Laptop for 649.99 and investing in an Bluetooth Mouse for £20.00 as I hate using the touchpad whilst gaming. I'm happier now and I have no regrets on this decision that was made to switch platforms. 

My Playstation 3 stopped working in 2011 and I had just started playing Eden Eternal and Champions Online so I got rid of my PS3 and I bought some PC parts and built my first gaming desktop and it was no looking back from there. The Xbox One that I have/the one my cousin keeps was a gift from my Grand Aunt. Otherwise, I would never have bought one because the PC can do everything I want without any compromises.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

My Playstation 3 stopped working in 2011 and I had just started playing Eden Eternal and Champions Online so I got rid of my PS3 and I bought some PC parts and built my first gaming desktop and it was no looking back from there. The Xbox One that I have/the one my cousin keeps was a gift from my Grand Aunt. Otherwise, I would never have bought one because the PC can do everything I want without any compromises.

I'm too interested in building my own desktop for Gaming. What website or store did you purchase the parts from and are there any good YouTube or written tutorials on how to assemble the build together? How much did you pay all together? My budget is £1,000 max.  Fortnite to Skyrim to GTA 5 are some examples of the computer games I'm planning to play once I have found the right PC. 

9 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I'm too interested in building my own desktop for Gaming. What website or store did you purchase the parts from and are there any good YouTube or written tutorials on how to assemble the build together? How much did you pay all together? My budget is £1,000 max.  Fortnite to Skyrim to GTA 5 are some examples of the computer games I'm planning to play once I have found the right PC. 

When I am going to build a PC, I buy my computer parts around black Friday - Cyber Monday period because you can get some really good discounts. I mainly shop on eBay, Amazon and Newegg for the parts. Youtube was how I learned to build my first PC and yes there is a wealth of videos teaching you how to build your first PC. Websites like PCpartspicker can also help you work out a build for your budget. What I would suggest doing is once you have chosen a build from pcpartspicker or similar websites is to sign up to websites like Price.com to always be alerted to a very good discount on said components online.