Register Now
StaceyPowers

Worst experience with microtransactions?

I play this game which is tower defense based named realm defense. I purchased one hero and also purchase power ups for him using the micro-transactions on the Google store. And often my credits were used up but I was not given the power up. And that often happened recurring basis. So that's one worst experience I can think of from recent times around. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

I play this game which is tower defense based named realm defense. I purchased one hero and also purchase power ups for him using the micro-transactions on the Google store. And often my credits were used up but I was not given the power up. And that often happened recurring basis. So that's one worst experience I can think of from recent times around. 

That sounds absolutely horrible! Did you contact in-game customer support or even Google? That's straight up robbery mate.

Yes I did contacted the support. And I got the refunds. And in next update they fixed it. I think they are genuine. I am sure you have heard of gaming company named babeltower games. They make some really good games that you can play these days. I also think that some of the odd games on android have this transaction issue. Which I have faced too. 

On 2/2/2019 at 9:56 PM, skyfire said:

Yes I did contacted the support. And I got the refunds. And in next update they fixed it. I think they are genuine. I am sure you have heard of gaming company named babeltower games. They make some really good games that you can play these days. I also think that some of the odd games on android have this transaction issue. Which I have faced too. 

That's good to hear and yes, I do know who Babeltower games are.

4 hours ago, DylanC said:

The mobile Dungeon Keeper game by EA was freaking awful microtransactions-wise. Utter cash grab. You literally had to pay to dig through walls at a reasonable speed. Disgusting.

Sounds like most mobile games to me.

1 hour ago, Alyxx said:

Sounds like most mobile games to me.

I disagree. There are some amazing mobile games. Reigns is a really inventive card-based kingdom sim published by Devolver Digital (a very talented indie publisher). FTL is on mobile devices and is one of my fave games ever. Year Walk is a brilliant horror game based on Swedish folklore. Darkest Dungeon, Legend Of Grimrock, Papers Please and Monument Valley are all excellent. There are so many interesting, clever mobile games. It’s very much like the indie space - incredibly inventive and creative. Admittedly, there is a lot of shovelware. But I do think there are some great experiences on mobile and gamers tend to paint mobile gaming with the same brush as if all mobile games stink. I think we as gamers should try and move past this misnomer.

Edited by DylanC

6 hours ago, DylanC said:

I disagree. There are some amazing mobile games. Reigns is a really inventive card-based kingdom sim published by Devolver Digital (a very talented indie publisher). FTL is on mobile devices and is one of my fave games ever. Year Walk is a brilliant horror game based on Swedish folklore. Darkest Dungeon, Legend Of Grimrock, Papers Please and Monument Valley are all excellent. There are so many interesting, clever mobile games. It’s very much like the indie space - incredibly inventive and creative. Admittedly, there is a lot of shovelware. But I do think there are some great experiences on mobile and gamers tend to paint mobile gaming with the same brush as if all mobile games stink. I think we as gamers should try and move past this misnomer.

Fair enough. I'm glad not all mobile games are ruined by microtransactions.

I think in fact most of the mobile games are working lot better with the microtransactions. And it seems to be working on many ways. I have learned that microtransactions take time on the earning as well. But so they have added in most of the levels. So I think those developers do earn good.