Register Now
killamch89

Foldable Phones

It's a novelty and I can't see them becoming extremely popular. The idea behind them is cool and it's kind of crazy that we are at a point where foldable phones are possible. But it's just appealing enough for me. I believe they also have limited uses so, after a certain number of times, it will either not work properly anymore or will be faulty. I tend to get phones on 2 year contracts so that doesn't bother me that much but it would annoy me that I couldn't give the phone to someone else because it may not work properly.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:13 PM, DarthHazard said:

It's a novelty and I can't see them becoming extremely popular. The idea behind them is cool and it's kind of crazy that we are at a point where foldable phones are possible. But it's just appealing enough for me. I believe they also have limited uses so, after a certain number of times, it will either not work properly anymore or will be faulty. I tend to get phones on 2 year contracts so that doesn't bother me that much but it would annoy me that I couldn't give the phone to someone else because it may not work properly.

To be honest, this is one of those tech ideas that I am not at all interested in because as you said, it is quite limited in what it does and the price is way too steep.

I think by the end of the 2019 or mid 2020, we are going to get most of the market designs for those type of the phones. I know it is pretty early for those phones but yeah they are going to be our future. Foldable phones and those with the paper display.