Register Now
killamch89

Medical Check-ups

2 minutes ago, mont86 said:

No I don't, probably should.. Always afraid of getting bad news I guess.

I do it once a year as a routine but I can understand your dread. It's better to know beforehand though so that you have a chance of completely reversing any ill-effects.

On 1/21/2019 at 11:49 PM, Alyxx said:

Completely normal. I'm boring like that.

Same here. Sometimes, I feel like I am just wasting my money and time going in the first place.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:15 AM, mont86 said:

Wait til you get older... Things change.. lol

I am fully aware of that. My dad used to be extremely health up until a couple years ago and then his health has been going downhill ever since.

I go for a full health check at my local GP (general practitioner) once every month, possibly more depending on the situation and if I'm feeling unwell. The national health service (NHS) pay's for it so I'm not left in financial difficulty from medical expenses. Rather than being terrified, I like going to check up appointments as prevention is better than cure.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

14 hours ago, xXInfectedXx said:

I go for a full health check at my local GP (general practitioner) once every month, possibly more depending on the situation and if I'm feeling unwell. The national health service (NHS) pay's for it so I'm not left in financial difficulty from medical expenses. Rather than being terrified, I like going to check up appointments as prevention is better than cure.

I agree that prevention is better than cure but I feel like if I went every month, I would be wasting the doctor's time.