Register Now
UleTheVee

Rocket League adds Cross-Play Support for PS4

19 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

About freaking time! What do you think about this development?

l l Original Article l l

V                             V

https://www.vgr.com/rocket-league-cross-play-support-ps4/

Crossplay for life! This is a very good development because all gamers can enjoy the game with friends who play on different platforms.

Just now, killamch89 said:

Crossplay for life! This is a very good development because all gamers can enjoy the game with friends who play on different platforms.

I really think that Cross-play should be allowed for all multiplat games, especially F2P ones.

On 1/17/2019 at 6:40 PM, UleTheVee said:

I really think that Cross-play should be allowed for all multiplat games, especially F2P ones.

Yes, I do believe it should be a standard for multiplayer games as well but we the players have to keep putting the pressure on the gaming companies to implement it.

It's great to see and I'm sure all platforms will be extremely happy with this development. It's not extremely surprising considering Epic Games managed to get cross play support for Fortnite especially after Sony didn't want to budge at all with this.I'm sure we'll slowly start to see this become more common with other games but I can't see them adding this support for games like Black Ops or even Grand Theft Auto.

On 1/19/2019 at 4:18 PM, DarthHazard said:

It's great to see and I'm sure all platforms will be extremely happy with this development. It's not extremely surprising considering Epic Games managed to get cross play support for Fortnite especially after Sony didn't want to budge at all with this.I'm sure we'll slowly start to see this become more common with other games but I can't see them adding this support for games like Black Ops or even Grand Theft Auto.

We need this in Grand Theft Auto - It would liven up the PC servers because some of them are like complete ghost towns with modders.

Grand Theft Auto Online is already a mess with flying cars and kids on motorbikes that seem to be able to fly and fire unlimited missiles that automatically lock on to you. I don't want to also then be targetted by modders on PC that are able to play with me on a console. It's great for some games but there are some that shouldn't even be touched for cross play support.

On 1/29/2019 at 9:50 AM, DarthHazard said:

Grand Theft Auto Online is already a mess with flying cars and kids on motorbikes that seem to be able to fly and fire unlimited missiles that automatically lock on to you. I don't want to also then be targetted by modders on PC that are able to play with me on a console. It's great for some games but there are some that shouldn't even be touched for cross play support.

For the current game, On one hand the console servers have a lot more activity than the PC servers but as you said we would be exposed to even more modders. I would agree that the current Grand Theft Auto Online is unworkable for cross-play but when GTA 6 launches, I would be interested in cross-play provided they don't turn it into Saints Row with all these futuristic cars and weapons.

Unfortunately, it might be a bit too late for the Grand Theft Auto series. They've seen how well it works with Grand Theft Auto 5 so I can't imagine them doing too much different with the next instalment in the GTA series. The little kids with their parent's credit cards love the futuristic stuff and Rockstar are much more likely to listen to them than us. It's a shame really. GTA was one of my favourite game series' but I'm slowing losing interest in it.

On 2/2/2019 at 9:47 AM, DarthHazard said:

Unfortunately, it might be a bit too late for the Grand Theft Auto series. They've seen how well it works with Grand Theft Auto 5 so I can't imagine them doing too much different with the next instalment in the GTA series. The little kids with their parent's credit cards love the futuristic stuff and Rockstar are much more likely to listen to them than us. It's a shame really. GTA was one of my favourite game series' but I'm slowing losing interest in it.

Take two interactive studios have taken a 20% loss over people losing interest in GTA online so there may be hope yet.

If cross play happens for F2P users too, then that would bring lot more traffic for them. I am not sure if they are even ready to handle that sort of traffic. Because it can be pretty difficult to handle servers when F2P numbers are more than premium users. Then again rocket league being game that can handle this, it won't be much of problem for them to add such cross play support.