Register Now
DanTheGamer

Keeping gaming laptops cool

On 8/14/2020 at 7:20 PM, Zro said:

Don't put it on a soft surface eg bed. When playing at home, better remove the batteries and just use the power cable to keep it running

Bed is definitely the friend of heat. And any good heat sync and ventilation can go to waste on laptops being used on bed. So it's not good idea to use laptops on bed.

Surprised I haven't replied to this topic yet, but I'd suggest something like these,

A Cooling Stand

coolstand.thumb.jpg.7399f66336ffcd9d8469cc8e891f6f15.jpg

A cooling lap pad

coolpad.thumb.jpg.3dfb104464a70163f0ae036575f7a743.jpg

I actually own both of these exact models (She uses the lap pad and I use the stand typically). They do help. The stand is more efficient because it gives the laptop more open space with more air so the hot air from the cooling ducks is dispensed very easily, but of course you really need a flat, sold surface like a table to place it on, you can't really use this on your lap or a bed. The lap pad is a great alternative if you use your laptop on your lap or on a bed quite allot because it makes a warm laptop more comfortable to use on your lap and doesn't allow heat to reach and build up on a mattress or cloth. So both recommended.

These are the links to these exact model of lap pad and stand on the UK Amazon store, but there's many different models out there to choose from.

Edited by Shagger

On 1/17/2019 at 3:21 PM, DanTheGamer said:

By this, I do not mean, how can we keep them hip and slick. I mean, keeping the laptop from burning your leg off and bursting into flames. I haven't ever owned a gaming laptop but I do know that it is a pain to keep them cool. Has anyone here figured out a practical way to keep your laptop moderately cool?

Gaming Laptops aren't supposed to put on your lap, on the bed, or anywhere that blocks the ventilation. There are ways, however, to prevent overheating of the computer. One of which is investing in a Laptop Cooling Pad, which is cheap to buy and could prevent damage to the hard drive.