Register Now
Lee

Brexit

Believe me, I thought our politicians were bad but this Brexit thing is on a whole other level. Those politicians do not have the guts to abide by the people's vote to leave the EU - To be fair, the EU seems like one big mess as well so I can see the rationale behind leaving. The thing that stood out to me is that they didn't have a concrete plan to deal with the transition from the EU and it seems that leaving actually might hurt the UK even more. It seemed like they sold the people a dream that they would never commit to themselves (typical politicians - all talk and no action).

If we voted to come out, why are there so many arguments? On the otherhand, if we voted to say in, there would be no arguments through MP's and Politicians.  It's hard to tell the future and what's going to happen regarding brexit. Time will tell in the upcoming months. 

On 1/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

If we voted to come out, why are there so many arguments? On the otherhand, if we voted to say in, there would be no arguments through MP's and Politicians.  It's hard to tell the future and what's going to happen regarding brexit. Time will tell in the upcoming months. 

This should make the general populous realize that Politicians care about one damn thing and that is themselves. The partizan nonsense has to stop - it is clear that neither party is capable of leading your country in the right direction and this is where your people need to continually protest.

On 2/2/2019 at 5:41 AM, DylanC said:

I voted to stay in Europe. Brexit really pisses me off so I'll probably opt to just leave it at that.

Brexit is an absolute mess and I could tell from the beginning where this was going to go just by listening to what they were promising and how unrealistic their plans were.

One word. Brexit. What does everyone think of the prime minister delaying the country to leave the European Union even more? Already we voted to Leave in 2016 and its nearly been three years since we voted for Brexit.

Something needs to be done one way or the other. 

As an American I can't say it affects me all that much. But there is one thing that worries me. Politics is often hot headed, petty, and just wrong. So I'm worried there may end up being some sort of military conflict when Brexit takes full effect. I knw there's some asshole in Europe that is pissed at the British for the very idea and wants a war. He/she may be a barfly that spends his/her days drunk off his/her ass. Or a president of the country. But when the bullets start to fly, the world will take notice. I'm just wondering how many countries would get involved in that as well. The US is a definite.

On 3/24/2019 at 1:28 PM, Jayson said:

There seems to be huge frustration with Eastern Europeans, who are the Central Americans of Europe.  Oddly enough, there was a wall keeping them out - pun intended, lol.  The wall was torn down!

Racism is extremely rampant in that part of Europe actually. It still stuck in the extremely dark ages where Racism is widely supported instead of looked down upon and critiqued.

On 4/12/2019 at 11:56 PM, killamch89 said:

Racism is extremely rampant in that part of Europe actually. It still stuck in the extremely dark ages where Racism is widely supported instead of looked down upon and critiqued.

I've heard this excuse online:  "We didn't do anything to them (imperialism etc.) so we don't owe them anything.".  That's an excuse some Asians were giving on this ultra-nationalist forum (in response to backward views about blacks).  However, no, that's not excuse for bigotry, hate, and ignorance.

Edited by Jayson

3 hours ago, Jayson said:

I've heard this excuse online:  "We didn't do anything to them (imperialism etc.) so we don't owe them anything.".  That's an excuse some Asians were giving on this ultra-nationalist forum (in response to backward views about blacks).  However, no, that's not excuse for bigotry, hate, and ignorance.

I agree that is an incredibly short-sighted view on Racism.

Certain people are not welcome in certain places and certain people won't change.  Well, one example of this was the US policy of nation-building in the Middle East.    Well, Trump now is pretty much in agreement this is a waste of time, and in the past both parties in the US supported it (some do now).

Of course, Brexit is some reaction against internationalism - in this light.

Edited by Jayson

On 5/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, Jayson said:

Certain people are not welcome in certain places and certain people won't change.  Well, one example of this was the US policy of nation-building in the Middle East.    Well, Trump now is pretty much in agreement this is a waste of time, and in the past both parties in the US supported it (some do now).

Of course, Brexit is some reaction against internationalism - in this light.

This whole spectacle let's the whole world know that politicians everywhere will make one million promises and will hardly deliver on any.