Register Now
Cleopatra92

Hello there everyone!

Hello!

I go by Cleopatra92 on the internet usually. I'm 26, female, and live in the USA. I love Dragon Age, Britney Spears, Star Wars, ASOIAF, The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Warcraft, Harry Potter, The Sims, Star Trek, The Office, YouTube, and a few other things.

I've been looking for an active forum to join. I miss when I was a teenager and all I would do is post on forums at all hours of the night, so I'm trying to recapture a small piece of that lol. 

I look forward to posting here, and thanks to everyone in advance for possibly reading this lol

Welcome to VGR! :classic_cool:

I too remember being a teenager and participating on many active forums. Those were fun days. It seems forums are a thing of the past now (generally speaking) because of alternatives like Slack, Discord, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Facebook Groups. It's really a shame but there are just too many apps and alternatives these days. However, despite all this being said, VGR is here to stay and we hope to grow into a massive gaming forum. Thanks again for joining. :classic_smile:

28 minutes ago, DC said:

I too remember being a teenager and participating on many active forums. Those were fun days. It seems forums are a thing of the past now (generally speaking) because of alternatives like Slack, Discord, Instagram, Facebook Messenger, and Facebook Groups. It's really a shame but there are just too many apps and alternatives these days. However, despite all this being said, VGR is here to stay and we hope to grow into a massive gaming forum. Thanks again for joining. :classic_smile:

Really now? I really think that forums are more popular than ever. Heck, most information journalists gather info from forums.

4 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Really now? I really think that forums are more popular than ever. Heck, most information journalists gather info from forums.

I kind of have to agree with DC on this one because I have been on the forum scene for quite some time as well. I can say that his analysis is correct for the most part and although I have seen a growth in gaming forums popularity over the past 2 years, the other types of forums are quickly becoming obsolete.

7 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

What are you talking about? Gamer girls don't exist!!!!!

Welcome to VGR btw.

Thanks! 

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Welcome to VGR! We do not judge or discriminate against any kind of gamer...unless you're name is Jared Fogle or R.Kelly in which case we reserve the right to call/inform the authorities. Have fun!

I think I can handle not being that terrible lol. Thanks! 

5 hours ago, DC said:

And all of those alternatives just don't have the feel of a forum to me. Maybe I'm just getting old now or something but social media sucks and discord is overrated lol. Don't get me wrong, I like discord for basically using it like teamspeak or vent but otherwise no thanks. 

5 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

58 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I kind of have to agree with DC on this one because I have been on the forum scene for quite some time as well. I can say that his analysis is correct for the most part and although I have seen a growth in gaming forums popularity over the past 2 years, the other types of forums are quickly becoming obsolete.

I think this really depends on the type of forum, like you said. 

Like I have my own Britney Spears forum (judge me if you want, idc anymore lol) and since her career is on the downhill slide into retirement and most of the type of people that visited my forum all care more about Instagram and crap. So it's been rough going there but I leave it open for the 10-12 of us that still use it and the memories. I'm sure this explains why I'm so determined to find a new forum to love too lol

6 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

Thanks! 

I think I can handle not being that terrible lol. Thanks! 

And all of those alternatives just don't have the feel of a forum to me. Maybe I'm just getting old now or something but social media sucks and discord is overrated lol. Don't get me wrong, I like discord for basically using it like teamspeak or vent but otherwise no thanks. 

I think this really depends on the type of forum, like you said. 

Like I have my own Britney Spears forum (judge me if you want, idc anymore lol) and since her career is on the downhill slide into retirement and most of the type of people that visited my forum all care more about Instagram and crap. So it's been rough going there but I leave it open for the 10-12 of us that still use it and the memories. I'm sure this explains why I'm so determined to find a new forum to love too lol

I love some of Brittney Spears songs as well (don't judge me lol.). She is an awesome artiste - it is a shame the path her career took but I do quite like her.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

I love some of Brittney Spears songs as well (don't judge me lol.). She is an awesome artiste - it is a shame the path her career took but I do quite like her.

I love that lol 

Personally I really think she doesn't want to do music anymore and she doesn't want to be famous anymore. I just don't see any other logical reason for how half-assed everything she does now is lol 

3 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I love that lol 

Personally I really think she doesn't want to do music anymore and she doesn't want to be famous anymore. I just don't see any other logical reason for how half-assed everything she does now is lol 

Funny enough, even her half-assed performances are still way better than most of today's artiste. It just goes to show you far the quality of music has fallen over the years.

2 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Funny enough, even her half-assed performances are still way better than most of today's artiste. It just goes to show you far the quality of music has fallen over the years.

I still like a few newer artists, but I've already started that thing I used to judge my mom for where I only like the music from when I was younger and I have a hard time liking new stuff lol XD 

I guess I just get jealous of people that stan for someone like Beyonce who's quality has roughly stayed the same her entire career (which started at about the same time as Britney's). But c'est la vie I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I still like a few newer artists, but I've already started that thing I used to judge my mom for where I only like the music from when I was younger and I have a hard time liking new stuff lol XD 

I guess I just get jealous of people that stan for someone like Beyonce who's quality has roughly stayed the same her entire career (which started at about the same time as Britney's). But c'est la vie I suppose.

I can totally relate because every time I say that, a voice in the back of my head says "you sound just like your parents."